Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Would you be angry work content
  • Cougar

It’s policy. Screw cost codes and departments, take it up with HR. “Hi, it says in policy that this is covered but I don’t have cost codes, what do I do?” Then let them worry about it.

mrchrispy

Suck it up but claw the 150 back in other ways….posting on here during work time is always a good start 🙂

martinhutch

What Cougar said. One of the advantages of big companies is that their lack of flexibility can work in your favour too occasionally.

I’d gently challenge the expenses with your potential new boss regardless of whether I think I’m getting the job. It’s actually a perfect early predictor of your working relationship, much better than any question you could ask him during the interview.

If he’s going to shaft you now, it’ll only get worse when you’re working for him.

AndyP
    Free Member

OK.

* If you just fail to turn up, you are being a dick
    * If you inform them you are not going over the expenses issue, then you will seem whiny and uncommitted which also counts against you.
    * If you inform them you are not going because you are having second thoughts about the role, that will seem reasonable
    * Or you can spend the cash, do the interview, and then make up your mind

this.

Every interview I’ve ever been to has had expenses paid (all external).

ditto

this.

Interview in London?

That would be me out

And this.

antigee

internal interview – why bother paying expenses if already got his/her favoured candidate lined up and just going thru the motions?

sorry to sound negative

on a positive the interview if as i think you said position well up from current then the interview/feedback (hopefully) should be useful experience and could flag up you’ve got ambition and willing to move out of comfort zone

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Would you be angry work content’ is closed to new replies.