Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 268 total)
  • Would you accept £10 to be silenced? (classifieds feedback).
  • simondbarnes

Has Jimmy had his refund yet?

zokes
    Free Member

Not that he’s told us, no…

toys19
    Free Member

I think we should make this thread a sticky until realman sorts it out.

yunki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP2fkkZa3Yo&list=UU5aR-wyUHCdwkhDfN0wqrHQ&index=5&feature=plcp[/video]

jimmy

Has Jimmy had his refund yet?

Nope, and no response since page 2 either. Have emailed him for his thoughts after reading this thread, if he chooses to, before going any further.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

havent read all of the above only your post.

but in this day and age even with camera phones etc etc there is no excuse not to take photos of the actual item rather than use ‘stock’ photos.

jimmy

Just… Wow.

Jim,

I told the truth, there’s nothing more to do. I’m not going to try and defend myself against each and every point, because I don’t see any reason to. The truth is enough.

You have done your very best to destroy my reputation. Short of having the mods delete the thread and yourself starting a new thread admitting you were wrong and apologizing to me, there’s no way I’m going to do anything for you.

I haven’t been on the thread since I posted, and am not planning on going back on it any time soon. You can send me the salient points if you’d like, but I won’t read them.

Also I’m very aware that 51-49 is overriding. It was what I thought would happen, that some people would side with you, others with me. I guess you starting the thread and ripping into me managed to bias enough people on to your side. I nearly started a thread myself, of the similar sort to yours, but didn’t see the need as we were still in contact with each other, and I didn’t want to stoop that low without needing to. I guess I regret that slightly now.

Apart from sending me an apology, I don’t see any reason for you to contact me again.

Enjoy the brakes, they really are great. Honestly.

George.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It was what I thought would happen, that some people would side with you, others with me.

Don’t see many folk siding with him really 🙂

crispedwheel
    Free Member

😯
    Edit: I’d pop that on the original ad too.

wwaswas

Honestly.

*hollow laugh*

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I think Mark should get the ban hammer out again.

clubber
    Free Member

Disappointing realman – I always thought you sounded like a decent bloke. Guess not.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awwww… I’ll miss LittleBoy I was really hoping to watch him develop into a real man.

tails
    Free Member

oh well karma will catch up the him, he seems like a very keen cyclist who I’m sure will bump into other STW users who will hopefully know about this. Hope he gets ripped off to see how it feels.

flange
    Free Member

Although clearly not for the one who has shelled out some hard earned.

I’ve read the thread, the brakes weren’t as described, the seller hasn’t refunded or even acknowledged that there’s a problem, unless you count trying to buy someone’s silence. You have destroyed your own reputation.

IMO he should be banned, it doesn’t do the classifieds any favours and action should be taken to make sure he doesn’t rip others off in the future.

donsimon
    Free Member

IMO he should be banned, it doesn’t do the classifieds any favours and action should be taken to make sure he doesn’t rip others off in the future.

Perhaps not banned from the site as a whole, but banned from using classifieds.

bruneep

Not what I would’ve done realman, however that’s your choice.

<Adds another name to list of people not to buy from or to sell to.>

flange
    Free Member

Perhaps not banned from the site as a whole, but banned from using classifieds.

Not sure I agree. If I posted something in the Chat forum that offended people and deserved a ban, should I still be allowed to use the Bike forum and classifieds?

wrecker
    Free Member

Anyone got an address for him? I don’t think he’s a million miles away from me and I really don’t like him anyway.

donsimon
    Free Member

@ flange. Fair enough, it was just an alternative idea. The scammer can be prevented from scamming again but possibly be productive in other sides of the forum. An abusive member can be abusive in all forums.

toys19
    Free Member

I CBA but someone might do a count of people for and against realman? maybe democracy will bring him round?

TBH I’m a very forgiving person and I think if he refunded now and apologised then I’d still trust him in the future. Its the refusal that stinks.

As has been said before, it’s not your mistakes that define you, it’s how you put them right.

At this moment RealMan appears to have fallen into the trap of thinking that backing down is a sign of weakness, when in fact its strength.

Do the real man thing RealMan, face up to your responsibilities as a decent person, and your responsibility to the forum to preserve our collective reputation as decent people.

Lifer
    Free Member

Just give known scammers a ‘SCAM’ tag like the Premier ‘P’s?

flange
    Free Member

An abusive member can be abusive in all forums.

Fair point.

z1ppy

Just as an aside, I got the impression Realman was the oh so young and innocent “Luke” from the original forum, is that right?

Either way this thread could have been avoided by simply offering a full refund when the buyer emailed back about the issues, as simply though the brake don’t look “****ed” they are far from “very very good condition, don’t think they have any marks or real signs of wear on them anywhere

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Wow. What a brass neck. Talk about giving yourself negative feedback.

What’s to stop him re-registering, then buying, selling, misrepresenting and ripping people off under another username though?

flange
    Free Member

Funny, because I know someone who bought a Marin frame from ‘Luke’ back in the day. Turned out to be not as described, an absolute nail and my mate ended up getting onto his dad about it because he refused to refund the money…

soobalias
    Free Member

very bad form by realman

acted the tool online but i woulda normally trusted someone that posts that much in all fora
    original ad was too dodgy tho so wouldnt have touched it.

scammers, traders, useless fukwits and folk that want brand new prices for second hand parts makes the classifieds pretty poor these days

*checks recent sale thread for feedback*

jimmy

my mate ended up getting onto his dad about it because he refused to refund the money…

funny you should say that

wrecker
    Free Member

WOW, Internet stalking is FUN!
    http://www.facebook.com/hmmmbeee

toys19
    Free Member

soma_rich
    Free Member

These appear to be the brakes:

KINGTUT
    Free Member

At this moment RealMan appears to have fallen into the trap of thinking that backing down is a sign of weakness, when in fact its strength.

I think it’s more a sign he has spent the money.

float
    Free Member

another twist! better than tv, this.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

another twist! better than tv, this.

It certainly is a thread that keeps on giving, closing, moderated, deleting etc.

flange
    Free Member

That Santa Cruz is the best bike in the world btw…

z1ppy

So maybe not Luke then… Georges FB piccy below, is RM’s profile pic..

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I think it’s more a sign he has spent the money.

On stink-bombs and pop, I’d wager.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Jimmy could send him a birthday card next month

Hello Jennings.

toys19
    Free Member

And a copy of the kays catalogue, spring underwear special.

The boy is literally on my doorstep.

flange
    Free Member

Its a brave (real)man that wears a Polka dot jersey….

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Would you accept £10 to be silenced? (classifieds feedback).’ is closed to new replies.