Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Would there be a market for
  • molgrips
    Free Member

You know how people can be ambidextrous? I had a mate at school who was nominally left handed but actually non-dextrous. He broke his left wrist and had to write with his right hand – you couldn’t tell the difference.

Cougar – tell your mate who makes that mug that there should be a row of small holes just under the lip on the side with the warning.

CountZero

What’s the etiquette if you’re right-handed and are using a fork and a spoon for spaghetti?

Fork in right hand, spoon in left, scoop up spaghetti and spin against spoon, stick fork with spaghetti in gob, eat and repeat. 😀
    Although I’m right-handed, my dominant eye is my left one, so when I used to go to the rifle range with my dad, I really struggled, until I tried using my left eye. Trouble was having the bold action on the wrong side of the gun…
    Makes a difference using a bow, too.

andrewh
    Free Member

I have been thinking a little more about this and have decided to expand the remit somewhat.

This is a standard right-handed teapot, ie. handle on the right and spout on the left, like all teapots are.
    However, I think I could reverse it to make it suitable for left-handers, ie. handle on the left and spout on the right. There will obviously be a few engineering challenges to overcome in doing this reversal but I have a prelinary drawing. Note also how the spout end looks unchanged to the untrained eye, almost like a mirror-image of the righthanded teapot, despite it being on the other side. This is in order to keep the basic pouring function working properly (I hope!).

marcus7
    Free Member

having just purchased a new tea pot (£6) i think you could charge at least £6.25 for a LH version or maybe £11.50 for a pair (one LH and one RH) for multiple handed households.

marcus7
    Free Member

In fact a wheeze could be (as a right hander) i could make a pot of LH tea “by accident” and then leave the pouring to my LH wife WINNER!

somafunk

How do left handers stand/use a urinal?, if you look at the way your jeans have a denim flap over the zip and the way the zip opens so your right hand can reach in and dextrously whap him out with ease and panache so how do left handers manage this action?, are left handers all those peeps who use the cubicles as they need to sit down? or do they need to drop their trousers completely?, or they could be the deviants who drill little holes in the cubical walls so they can peer out and wish they were right handed so they could handle their todgers with the ease that us right handers manage.

Gawd!….i never thought of it that way before?….poor-poor left handers, no wonder they are shunned and ridiculed in todays society.

andrewh
    Free Member

They could all wear girl’s jeans? The buttons on those are all on the ‘wrong’ side for us right-handed chaps. Maybe all girls are left-handed?

Kevevs
    Free Member

could you not just scan the right-hand mug with a 3D scanner, then do a vertical mirror-flip in 3D software, then print it out with a 3D printer. Voila, left-hand mug. The technology is available now…

tazzymtb

I do like UNT mugs

Kevevs
    Free Member

but if you’re lefthanded, no one would see the joke. Kind of a visual in-joke for a group of 1!

andrewh
    Free Member

It’s written in arabic on the left-handed ones so it reads right to left

tazzymtb

but if you’re lefthanded, no one would see the joke. Kind of an in joke!

what joke?

i Like to look at logo when I drink.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve confused myself now, that is a left-handed one! Where did you find that Tazzy, has someone stolen my idea already?!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Would there be a market for’ is closed to new replies.