Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Would Sir like to try it up the berm? (HtN preview ride content)
  • Harry_the_Spider

Preview ride for the July 17th event with some extra berms and stuff thrown in.

Saturday April 17th.

2:30 in Fairfax Road car park, Prestwich.

Map

Bring money for the traditional post ride raid on Costa Coffee. The weather is supposed to be dry so they won’t have to have their carpet cleaned this time. Also, Fairfax Road car park is in the process of going Pay-And-Display, so you may need some change to avoid a parking ticket.

Hit the North

RustySpanner

Hello Harry,

Funny you should ask this as myself and Ms Spanner have been thinking of trying this for quite some time.

However, we do have a couple of questions that you may be able to help us with:

1. Do we need extra protection? Ms Spanner is a little worried that if we go too fast and have an er, 'accident' we might get hurt.

2. What rubber should we use? Ms Spanner likes to use the wider ones with the big knobbles on them, where I find I get extra 'feel' with something smoother. It also helps me to go faster for longer. What would you recommend?

3. As neither of us have done this sort of unnatural stuff before, were a bit worried about doing it in public for the first time. Will people laugh if we get it wrong? Is it acceptable just to watch others do it, or will we be expected to join in right away? We've both been on a course to improve our performance, but are still a bit anxious that we might be doing something wrong.

Can you help?

Harry_the_Spider

I’m sure you will be fine. There will plenty of people willing to give you a helping hand if necessary and I will make encouraging noises if you start to waiver whilst pushing uphill. Let’s hope it doesn’t get too muddy.

There is one bit that Mrs Spanners may find isn’t to her taste, but the course layout is such that it can be bypassed if she doesn’t want to risk scuffing her knees.

On a different subject… We are hiring a Ska band to play in the beer tent at the after race party!

RustySpanner

Spot on Harry, looking forward to it.

Give us a shout if you need any more live music – spotty nephews band are renowned for their exuberance, their raw power – and their punctuality.
    And their spots.

This lot, The Audiopimps are great too, if you get let down. Saw them at 'Evilstock' last year, top party band – and local.

Harry_the_Spider

Bump for the evening shift. It'll be a good ride and there is a bypass on the "speed of light" downhill.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Would Sir like to try it up the berm? (HtN preview ride content)’ is closed to new replies.