Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Would live chat on STW be cool? Vote here…
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

If you think it would be fun.

Jamie
    Free Member

Can you also vote here if you think it would not be fun?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sure! Just say yes or no.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

no

spooky_b329

no 🙂

I spend enough time on here already 🙂

Plus, on other forums that have it, it always appears empty!

warton
    Free Member

no way to moderate it really, it would be carnage

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

yes or no*

*according to the third post on this thread that is a vote to say it would not be fun.**

**Can you imagine this level of petty pedantry on live chat? Not a good idea I fear

CHB

no

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not needed. The threads move nearly as fast as some chatrooms.

carbon337
    Free Member

Id like a PM function.

uplink
    Free Member

No live chat
    No PM

I like it as it is, simple

Keva
    Free Member

stoopid idea, can't believe it has even been suggested, and yes I have only been up for twenty minutes.

GrahamS

Nah.

Would greatly reduce the number of forums posts and would be much harder to use at work!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Live chat?
    Do you mean –
    "My bottom bracket is really tight and I need some help loosening it but I'm wearing nothing but lycra and my chammy needs a good creaming"

That sort of thing?

maxray
    Free Member

No, chatrooms are for grooming not getting bike maintenance advice 😉

scaredypants

I don't do live chat so no opinion

How would it differ from this here & now ?

cp

no, they're stupid and hard to follow, hard to use 'subtly', not good for idly perusing etc… bad idea IMO.

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

I've got a feeling that most people are quite happy to hide behind the keyboard, thank you.

rOcKeTdOg

only if it involved webcams

cp

you hide behind a keyboard in a chatroom type environment…

chakaping
    Free Member

not interested in live chat, but PM function would be useful

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Pm might be useful but chat would be poo-stain! how could we get involved in the threads for which we have no experience?

MrNutt
    Free Member

nether, more trouble than they are worth, PM's can lead to all kinds of nightmares, invasion of privacy, etc definitely not recommended, if you wanna chat or email then use one of the million platforms currently available no?

MrNutt
    Free Member

nether, more trouble than they are worth, PM's can lead to all kinds of nightmares, invasion of privacy, etc definitely not recommended, if you wanna chat or email then use one of the million platforms currently available no?

woodsman
    Free Member

not for me

GrahamS

PM's can lead to all kinds of nightmares, invasion of privacy, etc

Not any more so than having your email address publicly available in your profile surely?

MrNutt
    Free Member

wanna bet, I know of a once massively popular forum which rapidly disappeared off the internet once it was discovered that the moderators whilst publicly, on record, stating that they had no access to PM's and never ever could or ever would read them, it turned out that they did, and did so regularly. The site (which I shall not name) was taken off line and replaced by a simple website/facebook page much to the dismay of thousands of active users.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The site (which I shall not name)

SDH I'm sure sufferes from this problem, there's been a few times I've discussed things via PM and within minutes its appeared almost instantly in my e-mail from one of those "would you ship your CHEEP AND SHIT MONGOOSE BMX to Nigeria, I'll pay £5000 if you will refund any spare monies from the shipping"

Jamie
    Free Member

Ian Munro:

"My bottom bracket is really tight and I need some help loosening it but I'm wearing nothing but lycra and my chammy needs a good creaming"

Oh keep going!

MrNutt
    Free Member

nah not SDH, actually the user numbers were in the hundreds of thousand, but there can be no good come of it, just use email, msn, skype, etc

GrahamS

MrNutt, aaah I see, yeah fair point.

mrmo
    Free Member

used to have live chat on the specialized website, it was fine if there are only a few of you as you can keep track of the thread, but as soon as there are a couple of dozen servers start to cry and the thread gets lost.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Can't we just have a nominated irc channel or something? I'm sure I could arrange something if people thought that would be useful.

jedi

i would prefer email notification back 🙁

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

since nearly everyone is against it I deduce it must be a good idea :o)

tails
    Free Member

PM function would be okay, if you could opt out of it.

mark.laird
    Free Member

Let's not break things that work perfectly well as they are

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Would live chat on STW be cool? Vote here…’ is closed to new replies.