Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Would it be good if STW was a more welcoming place for ladies?
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 for Alp girl, she gets my vote

samuri
    Free Member

Most people here are very welcoming IMO and it has to be the strictest forum I’ve ever been on both from a moderator and user perspective.

Sure there’s some idiots but I’d advise not going out in real life either if you don’t like those.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

3) most of the time from most of the posters
    1) from a very few… but they are often aggressive in attitude about a range of things rather wider than their attitude to women,

The disappearance of Friday Kylie shows how, with some leadership, a forum ethos can change. If people who post here just challenge sexist or unfunny aggressive cliches when they come up, maybe things will change?

One suggestion which might make the place less tedious and more inclusive – if various people exercised some self control and realised that saying the same thing over and over and over again will not change other people’s opinions, and in fact probably shows both sides are equally fixed in their views and wasting their time…

oh – and less cats please… devil’s furballs 👿

kennyp
    Free Member

personally I think the sexism will be less tolerated now

It’s that “will not be tolerated” thing I don’t like on here, or in life in general. There are lots of views and opinions on here I disagree with, but I’m happy to tolerate all of them in the interests of the greater good of free speech.

project
    Free Member

Lady Gresley – Member
    I don’t really think that what sex you are makes any difference, some people are always gonna be more easily offended than others – and that’s Definitely not a criticism, just a fact, we’re all different.
    As a relative newcomer, I find a lot of the banter quite amusing, but then, it’s been said I’m not [sexist remark] your typical female[/sexist remark].

Posted 15 hours ago # Report-Post

Its just SEXISM is the new singletrack buzz word,and as others have said a few seem to think every postneeds a responce, where silence would be better, to give others a chance, especialy on the non advice required posts.

The moderators do a great job, but just perhaps they could cull some of the more weird and dragged out responces to simple rants.

restless
    Free Member

I find it welcoming enough, was that number 3 ? 😀

(I didn’t see the original thread though)

BigDummy
    Free Member

It’s kinda odd. I have been assured that “girl” is a sexist term when used to describe adult female humans. Yet we have apparently adult female posters using it in their handles.

It is very difficult to get all this precisely right for everyone’s tastes all the time. Most do seem to try most of the time. Which ain’t bad going. 🙂

restless
    Free Member

t’s kinda odd. I have been assured that “girl” is a sexist term when used to describe adult female humans. Yet we have apparently adult female posters using it in their handles.

if i were in my teens or early twenties, i wouldn’t want to be called a girl.
    however, as i am now in my 30’s , then i think i would like being called a girl, as i can feel young again 😉

it’s not easy trying to say the right thing 😕

DavidB
    Free Member

Will I be shot for wondering how the OP would be treated were they to have registered as “bigboybull” instead?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sure there’s some idiots but I’d advise not going out in real life either if you don’t like those.

idiots are easier to avoid in the real world though we have actually met 😉
    It an odd one this as and the problem here is we dont know each other.
    Jimmy carr could say a joke that I would laugh at but if roy chubby brown said it i would be offended as I assume the later is a racist bigot.
    On here you cannot really tell with some posts ans many seem to enjoy just winding folk up for sport as well.
    I agree the mod shave a hard job balancing our very own ying and yang

cynic-al
    Free Member

I blame the big hitters and bullies.

Shouldn’t be allowed

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Would it be good if STW was a more welcoming place for ladies?’ is closed to new replies.