Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Would i regret it? (downgrade/on-one content)
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

im looking to change my frame soon and im quite drawn to the the 456 or the summer season. the thing im worried about is that i'd be changing from an orange crush, which i really like – to frame which is considerably cheaper, and im worried that i'd feel like ive down-graded.

i suppose im just wondering if anyone else has these problems – and if anyone has gone from an expensive frame to an on-one, and what they reckon.

i know this is possibly me just being a bit elitist(sp?)by the way!

thanks for any input!

Ben

higgo
    Free Member

Why do you want to change?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

well, ive had my crush since 2006 and as much as i love it, i just fancy a change.

i quite fancy something steel for a change

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

to frame which is considerably cheaper, and im worried that i'd feel like ive down-graded.

It's all in the mind. Just because it's cheaper and you think expensive = good = cool. 🙂

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah i know your spot on there PeterPoddy!

sharki
    Free Member

I made the change to a 456 from a SC Chameleon, no regrets……

You will get the obvious comments from those that like their brands, but it works well at holding a wheel at each end, therefore is good for riding.

In fact it rides just like a bike, a steel one and after a few rides you'll wonder why other brands are soo expensive..

robdob
    Free Member

Friend of mine just downgraded from a Giant full-suss to an OnOne (can't remember if it's a 456 or not, it's got the new slack head angle thing going on) and he LOVES it, riding much faster and confidently. And the price is just ridiculously low, it's worth trying!

wwaswas

I think your biggest issue if you buy soemthing else will be your forum name…

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

wwaswas – youre not wrong – its another added pressure! 😛

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Would i regret it? (downgrade/on-one content)’ is closed to new replies.