• This topic has 19 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Would-be drone flyers, have a look at this…
  • CountZero

Fancy yourself as a drone pilot?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR3q4hlmoEo&sns=em[/video]
    😯
    I thought the funny ‘whoop’ noise was the pilot or the guy filming; it isn’t!

jeffl

Christ on a bike, that looks fast!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I

Want

One

Now!

andysredmini
    Free Member

That’s the best noise I have ever heard.

brooess
    Free Member

Wow.
    In skilled hands, those things can be amazing.
    In the hands of the masses – carnage 😯
    Once the regulatory barriers to those things come down, there’s a fair few jobs going to be lost to them no doubt

downshep

Wonder how the technology to track a rider is coming along? Be cracking home footage filming yourself descending a favourite trail.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

That’s aces!!!!

jools182
    Free Member

Holy sh

That’s fast

Lazgoat
    Free Member

How about singletrack quad copter racing? With crashes…

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Where be that then, them mountains in the distance look tempting !

WillH

Quadcopters with Nerf guns attached – dogfight!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ4ayy-thjQ[/video]

CountZero

Bloody thing sound like an over-excited ten year-old on a ten can Red Bull binge.
    How on earth you can control something flying that fast is totally beyond me.
    Doesn’t stop me wanting one so much it hurts, mind. 😀

twonks

Looking at the shadow suggests the operator might be using a box thing with a screen. Not sure what they are called but if he is watching it like the below then it would explain how he can react so quickly.

Still hugely impressive though, however he’s doing it.

v8ninety

[video]http://youtu.be/bmbIC245Q1I[/video]
    You’ve seen power; now watch control…

edward2000
    Free Member

I suspect the OPs video is sped up in certain places. I can’t believe the cameraman can follow that so quick.

v8ninety

^i don’t think so. That’s a 6S quad; 3S is fairly extreme. Power to weight must be phenomenal.

Also; only one shadow. I think the pilot is filming it himself, with a head cam.

globalti
    Free Member

So battery technology isn’t doing that badly, eh?

Wait util the first swarms of nano-drones hit the battlefield carrying micro-doses of anaesthetic, nerve agent, virus or bacterium.

slowoldman

Oh great, I can hardly wait for the skies to be full of drones “controlled” by semi-competent amateurs.

andyl
    Free Member

I had some guy hovering very high over me the other day. I mean directly over me as I was walking on the beach.

Now I understand these things are a lot better than traditional RC helicopters and planes but people who flew them would never, ever dream of operating them where there is a risk of hitting someone.

the tech is very cool. Some of the restrictions coming in (especially in the USA) are unfair. I am all for them, with some slight reservations.

But I am thinking about building a mini missile launcher to shoot down any invading my airspace 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Would-be drone flyers, have a look at this…’ is closed to new replies.