Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Would anyone let me borrow their L quality full-sus for a day? Mid wales. Beer?
  • walla24
    Free Member

Hello,
    I'd love to have a ride round on a quality full sus, see what all the fuss is about. Im in Aberystwyth, 6ft+ so a large and with sus suitable for ~95kg.
    Can swap for my lovely chameleon for the day maybe? or you can hold onto various items for security ie my bike or car.
    Im a decent bloke, been on here a while etc so not a filthy theif!
    Can pay in beer also?

Would anyone be up for it?

cheers all
    Jon

Tiboy

I'd be happy to anytime your down in Bristol, not much help I know!

walla24
    Free Member

Tiboy thanks man, uh but yeah bit far like.
    anyone else feeling like a legend?

BigJohn

If I go out riding in Wales for the day I tend to assume I'm going to be doing about £15 worth of wear to drivetrain/forks/brakes/tyres etc. Let alone the scuffs and potential breakage.

So I can't see many people lending you a bike – especially as if you break it there are going to be tears.

So why not go to a trail centre and hire one for the day? Mach,CYB and Llandegla aren't too far. I don't know if you can hire at NyA

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, as above, try a trail centre and hire/demo a bike instead. Tegid at the Holey Trail in Mach may be worth asking as well, great guy! (He's also pretty tall, so if he happened to be selling on one of his own bikes…..)

walla24
    Free Member

Yeah fair play i shall do that, thanks for the ideas

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Ye Llandegla rent out demo highend stuff for £30 for the day. Mainly Santa Cruz, Orange and the odd 575.

Olly
    Free Member

So I can't see many people lending you a bike – especially as if you break it there are going to be tears.

and as the users name is "big john" im GUESSING they are going to be your tears 😉

get your punk ass to a demo day. they often have them oop nant.

Olly
    Free Member

http://demodays.bikeradar.com/index.php

09 is over, they should be up your way pretty early 2010.

BigJohn

Big boys don't cry.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I've got a large SC heckler you could have a play on.. I'm in Cheshire, but can meet up if you want.. Drop me a line..

jfeb
    Free Member

Loads of bike shops have bikes you can demo for the day for nowt. Just phone around/look online

E.g. Summit Cycles in Aberystwyth seem to have a Santa Cruz Nomad demo bike in medium. OK it might be a bit small but it will give you an idea.

http://www.santacruzbicycles.co.uk/bicycles/demos/#

Other brands will get a bike to you to demo. For example I know Roger at Bionicon will get a bike to you to demo (they have quite a few demo bikes including a Large Golden Willow last time I asked).

Phone: + 44 (0) 7966 102963
    :: roger.seal@bionicon.com

walla24
    Free Member

thanks for all the replies!
    not sure whats with the crying, i certainly wont be doing anythin mental on someone elses bike so both parties should go home smiling 😀
    defo looking out for a demo day-not sure why i didnt think of that!
    have also mailed holey-trail

wary about demo'ing bikes from shops as i am a student and i dont have the money to make an immeadiate purchase…+ i would buy/build myelf anyways not sure bike shops would like the idea.

anyways all good, also teetosugars ygm…100mile trip?

cheers 😛

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Would anyone let me borrow their L quality full-sus for a day? Mid wales. Beer?’ is closed to new replies.