Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Would a BMW 325D do over 160mph?
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Explain to your sales director that if hes ever involved in any death crash you’ll bring up his heroic driving ability in court..

And if there’s any justice left in the world the judge will declare his actions ‘fully awesome’ and fine the prosecution £100 for not living life to the max.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

You have more tabs open than my mum does on her iPad

Not this again! I save a load of addresses to research the contents of, then open them all at once and work my way through them into my Lit. review etc, closing as I go.

Just opened a new batch.

Unlike an iPad, this machine is unfazed by the load.

hora
    Free Member

Well like all sales people he talks agood drive

unknown
    Free Member

How does Mike feel about you telling the internet he drives like a ****? After almost 19 years with the business he might expect a little more respect…

withersea
    Free Member

Maybe the thread should come to a natural end now. Weather looks nice, anyone riding tonight?

unovolo
    Free Member

Bet he’s told you he has working indicators as well coz we all know BMW’s have them deactivated at the factory gates.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Could he have chipoed past the limiter?

Anyway, I was told it is possible to wring 85mph out of an FS1E…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is his name surfmatt?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Who parked across the dropped kerb, then?

*continues sanctimonious content*

maxtorque

Would a standard 325d do a genuine 160mph. Er No.

Could you ever see 160mph indicated, er possibly, given a long enough run up, a following wind and a downhill road…….

My 335d will just about hit the 155 limiter given enough space, but it takes ages to get there, and even in Germany on derestricted autobahns, you generally never have enough space to do so these days (unless you go out at 2AM, and don’t mind passing trucks with a 100mph differential speed………..)

Remember the power required to cancel aerodynamic drag increases as the cube of velocity, so there is a BIG power requirement difference between doing say 150mph and 160mph.

bookwyse
    Free Member

I had a 2005 535D Tourer that was remapped and derestricted and that would see over 165 on the Autobahn on the Sat Nav rather than the speedo.

Would pull like a bloody train as well.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I distinctly remember an older M5 slamming into its limiter at 155mph as my mates R32 skyline drove along side it on the M6 many years ago, that felt pretty fast to be sure but I’m not sure a 325d would do it unless it was heavily remapped and the road was loooooooong

RustySpanner

100mph out of a 950 Fiesta? Did you throw it out of a plane? 😀

I inherited my dad’s MK1 950 Pop.
    I just couldn’t drive it over 80- the unholy racket made me feel sorry for it.
    And once you’d driven anything else, the brakes were terrifying.

Still miss it.

I’ve only owned three cars that could do over 100, and two of those were so shagged out they’d have shat themselves or wobbled into the Armco long before that.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Would a BMW 325D do over 160mph?’ is closed to new replies.