Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wot wheel package is best buy
  • Iisme
    Free Member

Looking at some new wheels for the mtb. Normal ride XC/all mountain. Have the hope xc hubs with mavic 321 rim. looking at something lighter maybe but whats the wheels to get.
    Dt swiss or the new Hope pro3 or Pro2 laced to a Mavic or DT swiss, or any others I should consider.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Worth looking at the new Hope hoops, Pro3 hub on Stans 355 rims, very nice wheels for the cash.

ScotlandTheScared

I just got a set of the new hope hoops – pro2 on stans 355… nice wheelset, through pro3 will be lighter obviously! But if you ride ‘all mountain’ then maybe you should consider a heavier duty rim? You can now get hope hoops with pro2 hubs on DT 4.2, DT 5.1, Mavic 521, Mavic 721, Mavic 717 Disc, Stans 355 or Stans Flow. All the same price so good value IMHO (and I got nice discount from my friendly local bike shop :))…

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Hope xc have a better reliability record than pro11 as far as i can tell from personal and friends experiences. Unless you need bolt through i would recommend getting some new rims on your hubs.

XM 719s are good rims.

xcstu
    Free Member

Just got some Hope Pro 3 Straight Pull On DT 4.2d wheelset….

Only used for a day before I snapped my achilles ;-( but would def recommend.. so fast and the rear hub is so loud haha 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

ouch stu my mate mentioned youd done that the other day at work when i asked him if youd got the wheels ok hope its not too long til your fixed mate

xcstu
    Free Member

Hi firestarter

ya been told not to think about cycling til this time next year… will see about that?? 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

not good mate. hope you dont take that long fella

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wot wheel package is best buy’ is closed to new replies.