Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Worthwhile upgrade?
  • jsync

I have a camber elite 2011 and have found a camber expert 2012 for a good price, is it worth upgrading?

I’ve always wanted the expert but have upgraded the elite to be a good spec, the main differences are:

M5 frame
    Double chainset
    Shock
    Press fit BB
    Bolt through rear

I have roval traversee wheels which I think I can convert to 12×142 so these will also be the same.

Thanks…

br
    Free Member

Probably not worth the cost/hassle for an upgrade, maybe in a couple of years when you’ve worn more of yours out.

jsync

Hmm, I sort of agree but those damn reviews make it sound much better than the 2011!

stevede
    Free Member

Not worth it imo. I have a 2011 camber pro with a ‘so last year’ 1 1/8″ headtube, 135mm rear and standard bb shell – to make my good bike a great uk trail bike I’ve upgraded to 140mm 32 tlc fit forks, renthal fatbar lite 740mm bars, 70mm Thomson stem, hope bb, hope hoops tubeless with spesh clutch/purgatory and a reverb. I got the forks very cheap and wheels I already had, all much better upgrades than changing out the whole bike based on mbr’s industry led reviews. I ride my camber quite hard and I’ve not found it wanting despite not having the ‘stiffness’ of the tapered headtube, shite press fit bb or 142mm rear end. Great little trail bike, shame it’s gone from the range now in 26 form.

jsync

OK, it sounds like you just saved me £1300. I’ve upgraded as much as I should apart from the shock and from what I’ve read you’re probably a much better rider than I’ll be for some time so I’ll go with what you say!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Worthwhile upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.