Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Worthing Cissbury / Changtonbury ring XC ride routes etc
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Organising a crimbo XC ride on 30th Dec, see here 🙄 :
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/south-downs-crimbo-ride-30th-dec-roll-call-od

Hoping to ride around 25 – 30 miles XC with a massive fat Breakfast half way around 😆 .
    Anyone got any good routes to hand, OS maps or pics whatever you have.
    Thanks
    Bunners

KevinPP
    Free Member

Mr Hummerlicious is your best bet for ideas for organised routes/rides around these parts. (Hope you don`t mind being nominated…)

KevinPP
    Free Member

Having said that I don`t mind helping out if I can. Not sure of possible brekky venue – maybe Steyning. Usually tend to make up routes as I go depending on conditions etc. Plenty of choice though.

bigsi
    Free Member

Bunners – If you want to get hold of Hummerlicious then your best bet is to contact him on here Sussex-MTB

He runs the site and most of the rides on it and has been riding the downs in the Worthing area for 20yrs so can string a half decent ride together 😉

If you get stuck then let me know as I've got his contact details.

woodsman
    Free Member

There's a lovely section of off camber singletrack near Findon, which I hope gets included – should be 'sporting' in the winter! 😉

Wouldn't know how to find it though – sorry.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Hey Bunners, any idea on routes yet? Worked out a possible at the weekend if not.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Fella's no route yet, may end up being heading out and just take it as it comes.
    Keep watching here for times etc, prob gunna be a meet at 1030hrs, somewhere Worthing way.
    Will post here once confirmed.
    Cheers all.

bigsi
    Free Member

Broadwater Green is a good place to meet as there's free parking in the area and its 5 seconds off of the A27 so easy for most people to get too. From there you could head up the bridleway through Worthing Golf club to the West side of Cissbury or head up the Bridleway through Hill Barn Golf Club that brings you out to the East of Cissbury.

I'm still hoping to make it but its the other half's birthday on the 30th so might only be able to join you for a couple of hours if I'm lucky 🙄

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Sorry I hadn't seen this, and BigSi never mentioned it!

I'd be happy to sort you out a route and take you for a pleasant spin 🙂

Just need to check that Mrs Hummerlicious doesn't have plans for me that day, I'll let you know later…..

It would be good to meet some of the forum locals…

bigsi
    Free Member

Sorry dude i thought you had seen it 😳

hummerlicious
    Free Member

It's a go'er for me, I'd be happy to lead a ride if you want…….

bunnerscj
    Free Member

thats shweeeeeeet !
    Keep an eye on here fellas 😆

hockropper

I'd be up for that , just moved to the area so a local tour would cool

bigsi
    Free Member

GET IN – Permission granted 😛

KevinPP
    Free Member

So how many is that so far?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Well done Si 🙂

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Something like this :
    From Lancing, over the back of the downs to sompting abbots, then onto Steyning Bowl, along the southdowns way to Chanctonbury, up the other side of the A24 joining the Southdowns Way, either push on to Arundel for nosh or drop down to Storrington for nosh and then crack onto Amberly and up onto the southdowns way for a blast (+ singletrack) down into Worthing and a short road blast along the seafront back Lancing

hockropper

Where are you hoping to meet up and what time

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Something like this :
    From Lancing, over the back of the downs to sompting abbots, then onto Steyning Bowl, along the southdowns way to Chanctonbury, up the other side of the A24 joining the Southdowns Way, either push on to Arundel for nosh or drop down to Storrington for nosh and then crack onto Amberly and up onto the southdowns way for a blast (+ singletrack) down into Worthing and a short road blast along the seafront back Lancing

bunnerscj – you don't want to do any of the good stuff then?

KevinPP
    Free Member

I must admit, I was sort of thinking along the same lines as Hummerlicious… A bit too much SDW and double track and not much singletrack.
    Without wanting to hijack your ride Bunnerscj I`d suggest perhaps letting the man above come up with a route for you. No offence.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I don't want to hijack, but I'd hate for you all to miss out on some of the available twisty lushness…….

KevinPP
    Free Member

Come on guys, we need to sort out what's happening or there aint gonna be many peeps there at all.
    Personally I don't mind where we meet, Lancing and Worthing both have easy access to the some of the best riding around here, but I'm more in favour of showing people what the South Downs can offer rather than sticking to the SDW. It might not be Wales but there are enough decent trails around to surprise a few people who think the SDW is all the South Downs has to offer.
    So can we decide where, when and which route????

john_l
    Free Member

It's nice up there at the moment :o)

bigsi
    Free Member

Was riding with the Brighton MTB lot today round Stanmer and i think Woodsman and a few others might be joining us on this one.

If it were me i would suggest starting and finishing at the same place so those who are driving don't have to drag back along the road which is the last thing you want after a day in the saddle.

Oh and if you want a great singletrack ride then Hummerlicious is the man to organise it for you. Just sticking to the double track and SDW is a bit boring IMHO but is fine if your just linking up the bits of singletrack, and he knows ALL the best bits 😉

hummerlicious
    Free Member

BigSi's suggestion of 10:00 at the south end of broadwater green works for me.

KevinPP
    Free Member

If Bunners has no objections then that works for me too. 😀

bunnerscj
    Free Member

you boys crack on, have a good one though eh
    😆

bunnerscj
    Free Member

PS, any dates for local rides Sussex-MTB in 2010 ??
    Might be up for meeting you guys and getting out !

hummerlicious
    Free Member

bunners, sorry I feel like I did a hijack there, you know what christmas is like though not a lot of time with all the other stuff you fit in too.

Just keep your eyes on http://www.sussex-mtb.com's forum rides section and come and join us. There is stuff going on all the time.

If you are interested we're having our annual awards ceremony (or pi$$ up as it is also known) at the Thomas a beckett pub in worthing next wednesday at 20:00, dress code: santa suit!!

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hummer,
    I have looked at the forum but it appears I need to register before I can view any preplanned rides. Is that the case ?
    Thanks

DaddyPig
    Free Member

hummerlicious – any chance you can post a multi map of the intended route???

hummerlicious
    Free Member

DaddyPig there are a few bits that are, shall we say, better kept off the radar?

BSJ, I don't know why it does that, it shouldn't the box isn't ticked! Anyway sign up, I promise I won't do anything with your details!!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Worthing Cissbury / Changtonbury ring XC ride routes etc’ is closed to new replies.