Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Worth servicing Fox FIT forks yourself?
  • londonerinoz
    Free Member

I’ve serviced my old Float RLC forks in the past, changing the oil and seals, but I haven’t taken on my 2013 FIT damped forks yet. What are people’s experiences? Unfortunately I’m in Western Australia so the reasonably priced UK suspension servicing companies aren’t an option.

They’re OEM spec on a Giant Trance X29 0, so I can’t even find the model in the Fox guides. Fox Float 29 CTD Performance FIT 32″ 5″ travel (unclear if considered 120,127, or 130). There’s no way I’m taking on the damper, but can you still get away with omitting it from servicing like you could with the Floats?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s worth doing an oil change in the lowers and leaving the damper alone.

I did mine a couple of weeks ago, and the oil out of the lowers was black. The oil in the damper was like new; the benefit of the sealed system.

I wouldn’t bother personally.

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Can you point me to the guide you used? I didn’t see an oil and seal change guide for FIT forks on the Fox site, just the damper service. More than likely it’s generic to the old Float instructions, I just need to be aware if there are any crucial differences in taking them apart.

Anyone able to resolve the travel issue in regards to oil volumes. 5″ is 127mm, so is that considered 130mm or the more common equation of 120mm?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Worth servicing Fox FIT forks yourself?’ is closed to new replies.