Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Worth riding in the Peaks this weekend or is there too much snow?
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Beast and Suicide were muddy and snowy in places, but great rideable fun. Derwent Edge / Whinstone Lee Tor was a bit TOO muddy and too much of a slog to be over fun.

robob
    Free Member

" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

robob
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robob
    Free Member

was a bit slippy!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Thats weird – a gate in the middle of a snow drift with nothing obvious to keep in or out 😉

antigee

a picture is worth a thousand words
    [edit] good for getting out!

monkeyboy15
    Free Member

Picture to follow, but we tried the jacobs ladder route and basically carried our bikes all the way to chapel gate and decided to head back down that way. the descent was clear so we ran that and that was great. 6 miles in 2 and a half hours. dam snow. It wasn't a complete loss because we went to revolution 28 and watched chris hoy and jason kenny have the most epic battle ever

willsimmons
    Free Member

Well we went and it was clunge deep in snow on most of our route which was Jacob's Ladder->Roych Clough->Rushup Edge->Edale. A bit of fun, but also frustrating as most of the decent stuff was unrideable. Roych Clough is farm gate deep in places so I wouldn't bother riding that for a bit. Quite a bit of snow on Friday night as we were up Jacob's Ladder at 10ish on Saturday and had fresh un-footprint-ed snow at the top.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

We had a big loop from Fairholmes including Rushup Edge, we decided not to bother across to Mam Tor as we could see it was too snowy. Good call really as everywhere was covered in very sticky mud, felt like I rode with my brakes dragging a lot the whole way round!

Whinstone Lee Tor was a waste of time really, the descent was harder than the climb for pedalling! Everywhere else was muddy and I'm still picking bits of grit out of my eyes!

flyingmonkeycorps

Walked Kinder Scout from Edale yesterday – the snow on Jacobs is mostly hard packed and slidey, so it might be fun if you're braver than me!

higgo
    Free Member

Any recent info on the Hayfield end of things?
    (specfically Chinley and Middle Moor)

Was out riding last night locally (near Macc) and there was quite a bit of snow still about – some was hardpacked and surprisingly rideable and fun but there was plenty of clumpy stuff about with a consistency of porridge mixed with concrete. That stuff was unpleasant.

hora
    Free Member

Walked Kinder Scout from Edale yesterday – the snow on Jacobs is mostly hard packed and slidey, so it might be fun if you're braver than me!

Oh FFS. I was going to take the time off and ride round there tomorrow.

higgo
    Free Member

Do it Hora. And include Chinley and Middle Moor. Then report back.

There's a good boy.

higgo
    Free Member

Not current but this was quite slippery a few years ago – wet sheet ice at Edale Cross…

flyingmonkeycorps

If it's any help Ladybower isn't too bad if you avoid Whinstone Lee Tor and stick to the rocky bits. The snow on Jacobs is pretty thick too, I reckon it'll be there for a while.

antigee

[warning]flatwidetrack,waterbottle,billynomates[/warning]

Monday morning approaching slippery stones, "nice" 8)

higgo
    Free Member

Anyone out last night? How was it?

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Worth riding in the Peaks this weekend or is there too much snow?’ is closed to new replies.