Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Worth Reporting?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Cycling home tonight, just after 4pm. Daylight, wearing bright orange jacket, riding down a small back street towards the main road junction.
    Cars parked on both sides of the road effectively making it a single lane.
    Me, heading around a right hand bend, taxi attempts an overtake only to see a car coming the other way. Taxi driver then throws his wheel hard over to the left, hitting me into the kerb – fortunately no parked car just there. Didn’t do me any damage, caught him at the lights & went mental (again), he tried to ‘explain’ he had to do it because of the other car, i was screaming about not passing, not using his bloody phone (in his hand) and asked him at length & at volume if he wanted to get out of his #£###*** car. He very quietly said no, he’s rather not get out of his car & looked rather shook up.

I have his reg no, his company number etc. Is it worth reporting considering no damage was done & its my word against his for the collision & phone use?

Rather proud of myself actually, had his door window in my hand & resisted the temptation to rip it out of the frame whilst kicking his door panel in – that’s a big step for me 😉

robdob
    Free Member

Yes.

Report to:

A) police.
    B) taxi firm
    C) council taxi licensing department (I know someone who works in one and would be very interested in that sort of info)

Why wouldn’t you?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Why not? Nothing has come out of any previous reporting ive done. Police really aren’t interested round here.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Made a report to the relevant taxi complaints dept. at Manchester City Council. See where it gets me.

gears_suck
    Free Member

You sound dangerous to me.

project
    Free Member

Take his picture with your mobile i did that to a taxi a few years ago after he cut me up, he asked why i was taking his picture i said for the website, wwwfatbastardsdrivingtaxis.con.

he told me he would look up the site.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Update:
    Reported to licensing people, got message back confirming receipt & that an officer would be in touch.
    Spoke to police tonight, told it was considered a Failure To Stop (serious) but because i didn’t report it within 24hrs they wouldn’t act on it but that it would remain on file.
    Then rang the taxi company, they took it very seriously and sounded pretty upset about it. Took the details and apologised profusely.

Lesson to learn is to report everything immediately.

wwaswas

Have the police been around to talk to you about a counter complaint for threatening behaviour?

mrmo
    Free Member

I never expect the police to do anything, it is usually my word against theirs, BUT, if the same driver is involved in another incident i hope that the fact they have history means the police are more likely to take it seriously.

I have also reported bus drivers, always by email and always copy the local police in, just means the bus company can’t forget it so simply, again it is on file if it happens again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The more that is reported the further up the stats this sort of thing goes, if there is a real increase in reporting then it may get to the stage where the true extent of the problem is visible. This might actually lead to a change in attitude/priority.

If you don’t report things they didn’t happen.

Junkyard
    Free Member

always worth reporting more so when a company vehicle and even more so when a “professional ” driver

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m not claiming for anything, no injury or damages were incurred.
    I was lucky, he hit me but i got off lightly.
    I suspect the driver will get a telling off from his boss & a possible sanction from the authority.

Police said my behaviour was quite understandable.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Worth Reporting?’ is closed to new replies.