Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 286 total)
  • Worth keeping an eye on http://www.highlandtrail.net.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

“Another tweet has said he did a straight 31 hours into the finish! “

thought he would . tis a favorite trick of his it would seem for the spot to “die” at the end 😉

acehtn
    Free Member

woaaa how fast !

If i was doing it i was aiming for halfway by now, or there abouts, or sacked off to a hotel with a bar.

Off to look at the trackers 🙂 didn’t expect a winner this early today.

Well done Aidan, and keep plodding on everyone else.

Maybe i should aim lower and try the WRT first, after seeing these updates on better and fitter riders having problems….maybe i will just dream about doing this along with the 135 and GTD 🙂
    If it happens next year, deffo one to follow again.

Straightliner

Amazing effort Aidan, and well done to all those who have given it a go this year. Sounds like a fantastic challenge.

acehtn
    Free Member

Oliver must have found a nice bar, reckon he might just do the bottom loop only 🙂

Look back tonight see if 2nd has arrived.

Blackhound

Tom Sap’s partner has just seen Aidan and mentioned his SPOT. You are supposed to turn them off/on every 24 hours to keep tracking going. Seems Aidan on his 31 hour stint did not turn it off and back on. Sorted it out now I see.

Tom is a Belgian guy who is not being tracked. He has been riding with James Gillies and Greg May.

trail_rat
    Free Member

would explain it , it happened on the cairngorm challenge as well iirc.

i think we can forgive him for forgetting 😉

matt_outandabout

John Russell should finish in time for chips. 8)

scotroutes

Do we have a race for 2nd place?

nikk
    Free Member

Chucking it. Knee giving out. Gutted. Nice army safety chap gave me a lift back to ullapool. Waiting on bike bus to Inverness, then train home then train back to tyndrum tomorrow to get car.

matt_outandabout

🙁 When do you need back to Tyndrum, and from where. If a lift from Stirling at 5 tomorrow helps, let me know.

acehtn
    Free Member

Ian Barrington about 25 miles to go and about 8 miles up on Alan Sheldon.

So second and third incoming…. will Ian hold the lead to 2nd.

(assuming i have read the leaderborad trackers correctly)

AlasdairMc

Nikk – Well done for making it so far, I’m really chuffed you kept going when Brian and I canned it. Next year on the big wheels?

nikk
    Free Member

Matt – cheers mate, think I’m sorted for travel now
    Much appreciated.

Alasdair – tyndrum to ullapool in 2 days 9 hrs is an achievement enough for me
    Still really wanted to complete was a wee cry when I realised it was over 🙁

In pub in ullapool, beer helping. Bus soon gtg!

Blackhound

James Gillies has announced on Twitter that he is out, broken spokes.

About 4-5 hours to go for Ian, should be done by dark. He has a good lead over Alan but Ian is on s/s, Alan is on a full suspension and geared. Wonder if that will play a part in closing miles once over Devils Staircase?

acehtn
    Free Member

Ian and Alan have been close all race so far. Will pop back later see how the fight for 2nd is going.

I like a bit of singlespeed action but knocking out 400+miles on a geared bike is something, SS is nuts. Wonder how many will make it round ! plod on.

Good go Nikk, have a whisky chaser !

biggriffo

Gettin a bit concerned about Olly,Any news?

AlasdairMc

He’s just touring it isn’t he?

scotroutes

Not much more than a mile between Ian and Alan!! This is better than F1 or MotoGP 🙂

I have to say – I can’t believe the weather has been so decent.

biggriffo

Thanks Alasdair, He’s probably getting over his recent wedding! Its his bike I’m more concerned about! in truth!

acehtn
    Free Member

2 miles between 2nd & 3rd now. Ian at 406, Alan at 404

Deffo a race on for 2nd place.

glupton1976
    Free Member

This last few miles could get interesting. Guy behind appears to be on gears, guy in front is apparently on SS. Rannoch moor and the WHW to Tyndrum is pretty bloody fast.

large418
    Free Member

One big hill between them though. Come on you nutters!

acehtn
    Free Member

Should be downhill, last few miles.

Hmmmm, knackered, hungry, close to finish, fading light.

Still a few hours before one rolls into 2nd place, going to be close and a hard fight either way.

acehtn
    Free Member

Ian’s on 413
    Alans on 408

Ian appears to have pulled away, maybe Alan has stopped for chips at Kings house or Glencoe ski resort (roughly where they are abouts)

househusband

Alan’s on the move again!

glupton1976
    Free Member

They would have got closer going over the devil’s staircase. That gap will go down pretty quick now I’d think.

Martin.B
    Free Member

Just been looking, Ian’s current speed looks a bit lower than Alan’s
    This is going to be close 😯

acehtn
    Free Member

Ians on a downhill 13mph at 416
    Alans on 4mph at 409

Can geared Alan beat SS Ian ?

sweaman2
    Free Member

Do they know how close they are to each other?

Martin.B
    Free Member

Probably be able to smell each other 😮

acehtn
    Free Member

Oliver is out now.

27 started, 13 have pulled out so far !

Spot’s seemed to have stalled for the moment, no movement on Alan for 30mins and Ian for about 20mins.

Expect a big jump when they refresh. Can Alan claw back some mileage on the down with his susser ? or will Ian hold him off to the finish ?

glupton1976
    Free Member

That’s got to be all over bar the shouting now with the length of Rannoch Moor between them

acehtn
    Free Member

Ian on 420
    Alan on 412

logged out and in again, spots have refreshed

was going to bed, cup of tea and wait for Ian to knock out the last few miles.

Blackhound

Ian should finish in about an hour. Quite an easy run in from there except for one short bit under the railway line. Alan still has a climb to do up from Kings House. Cannot see Alan catching Ian unless he has a major problem.

acehtn
    Free Member

Alans past Glencoe Ski resort.

Ian’s bearing down on Bridge of Orchy, he could have enough time to spare for a swift half and chips and still take second !

acehtn
    Free Member

Alans at 413

Ians at 424 crossed the Bridge at Orchy and should be able to smell food wafting up the valley from Tyndrum.

numplumz
    Free Member

Fun watching, I’ve always found it hard to keep up with ian even with gears.
    See Rob Wixey is having a good fill up at McDonald’s in Fort William. Technology is great.

acehtn
    Free Member

And Phil Richmond is tucked up in The Tomich Pub or B&B 🙂

acehtn
    Free Member

waiting on a refresh

Ians at 425 @ 7.9mph

Alans at 415 @ 7.3mph

Blackhound

Suspect Greg May, Arno Minner and Tom Sap (no tracker) will stop at Camban bothy for the night. Hostel a bit further on likely to have lights out by the time they get there.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 286 total)

The topic ‘Worth keeping an eye on http://www.highlandtrail.net.’ is closed to new replies.