Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Worth heading down to Laggan Wolftrax from Aviemore?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Wolftrax is great, but aviemore and the surrounding area is better for me.

But i’m more a get out and follow your nose type rider as opposed to a trail centre rider..

trekstar
    Free Member

Laggan is probably the best trail centre in the UK.

trekstar
    Free Member

If your looking for someone to ride with you would probably be best asking over on TrailScotland – http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/index.php

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    NickScots
    Free Member

Laggan – it’s 26 1/2 miles from Aviemore, so no where near an hour.
    I can ride up the fire road in 12mins, then do the ‘old’ Red. You can go back up and do the harder climb beyond the start of the ‘old’ red then do the newer red, bit like spooky wood. At points it’s so narrow it feels natural.

I did Golspie, best built route in Scotland, last week. Amazing route. 7km descent. We did Balblair Black, for the first time, the next day. What an epic route ! lovely slab and rocky sections, nothing ever too hard. Short but very steep climbs. I did it on a hire Hardtail so a bit painful.

Golspie and Balblair are quite far from Aviemore but you will probably never up there unless you take the time.

whattyre
    Free Member

I should be free too and know Laggan really well…mail me nearer the time and I’ll hook up with you…if you like I know some good routes near aviemore…also done the brown at Laggan which is a blast!

big_scot_nanny

Aye, I’ll need to stick close to Aviemore to maximise the family/selfish-biking ratio effectively, so Golspie a bit a schlep unfortunately. Next time!

Smashing stuff all, many thanks, will deffo stick a post up and send some mails nearer the time.

Loch Garten with the kids – check!

Looking forward to it even more now! 😀

Kev

nbt

Just to properly whet your appetite, htis is Mrs NBT’s herbal infusion and the chocolate cake at Inshriach

big_scot_nanny

Hi folks, just a wee comment to say I am in aviemore, and my goodness isn’t the weather good!

Will pop a few emails out, likely heading down to Laggan tomorrow morning early, but would love to meet more folk if hey are free this week,

Kev

shortcut

Enjoy – if you can dump the family then Golspie and Kyle of Sutherland trails are both also ace!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Worth heading down to Laggan Wolftrax from Aviemore?’ is closed to new replies.