• This topic has 22 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Worth getting a PS4?
  • Pook

My PS2 has festered a bit as I ran out of games to play but I fancy having a play on some of the newer stuff coming out. Worth getting one?

tomhoward

Yeah

oldtalent
    Free Member

yep. dirty cheap now as well.

jonnyboi

blue ray player plus Netflix/amazon/now tv/iplayer etc.etc etc. bargain

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

it’s my 3rd favourite inanimate object

prawny

I’ve just got a PS3, the games are stupidly cheap now and a massive step up n quality to the PS2.

I wan’t a PS4, but it wouldn’t be worth the extra outlay to me, PS3 was only £70 with a warranty.

johndoh
    Free Member

it’s my 3rd favourite inanimate object

Go on then, I’ll bite

1 – Bike

2 – ?

3 – PS4

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

2. gentlemans doll

scruff
    Free Member

We have a PS3, kids want an Xbox whatever for Christmas, neither will play their existing games. Thoughts on ps4 / Xbox ?
    They don’t play online (yet).

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes.

Also stuff like Uncharted 4, TLOU, Bloodborne and other exclusives are cheap as chips.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

1- Bike 1
    2- Bike 2
    3- PS4

Although weirdly I get a lot of joy from my food processor

Lol at big eared biker

withersea
    Free Member

Yes, but wait until Jan sales or Amazon sales day. Most are 240 at the moment with current releases. I bet sub 200 after Xmas. Factor in an extra controller at £40 though.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Just been offered a PS4 Pro today for £150. Havent really been that interested since CoD World at War/Modern Warfare days – but the new WWII ad’s have been doing the trick.
    Sounds like the PS4 Pro is a stonking machine.

mehr
    Free Member

£150’s a steal get it, then download Fortnite battle royale (free)

simon_g

blue ray player plus Netflix/amazon/now tv/iplayer etc.etc etc. bargain

Out of interest, how user-friendly is doing all that stuff on PS4? Our old Fire Stick is dog slow now, I’d like to play the latest Uncharted so I’d like to do all that on PS4 if it’s easy enough for the wife. Fire Stick can all be controlled over HDMI from the TV (no need for separate remote), can I do the same on PS4?

stevied
    Free Member

We currently only use the PS4 for Netflix/Amazon etc and it’s great. I did get the remote control which makes navigation easier..especially for DVD/Blu-ray. The controller works OK but not as nice to use as the remote.

oldtalent
    Free Member

We currently only use the PS4 for Netflix/Amazon etc and it’s great. I did get the remote control which makes navigation easier..especially for DVD/Blu-ray. The controller works OK but not as nice to use as the remote.

remote not needed with CEC, bravialink etc etc these days, the tv control should control the ps4 without any extra faff.

stevied
    Free Member

^tell me more. Didn’t know the TV remote might be bale to do that. We’ve got a Panasonic TV…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

remote not needed with CEC, bravialink etc etc these days, the tv control should control the ps4 without any extra faff.

what is this witchcraft? Tell me more….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ZOMG #gamechanger cheers!

Cougar

Thoughts on ps4 / Xbox ?
    They don’t play online (yet).

Online aside, there’s little to choose between them.

Online, the answer is “whatever all your mates have.”

Jamie
    Free Member

Just been offered a PS4 Pro today for £150.

Why would someone do that? That’s PS4 Slim 1TB money.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Worth getting a PS4?’ is closed to new replies.