Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Worth a try? New shoes go bang.
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

Bought a nice pair of Speccy Comp mtb shoes yesterday and used them today in the London Cyclocross league.
    I had a slowmo spill on a soft muddy corner and was
    surprised when I got up to find the bit that is sewn into the flap over the front of the foot and holds the ratchet strip had snapped.
    The plastic is very thin at the point it broke and so
    I'm wondering if I could say they are not fit for purpose. The rest of the fixing mechanism and the shoe are unmarked so I didn't hit anything hard.
    I've had the same shoe in the pro version for years and not broken owt.
    Shame as the comps are a lovely fit and look rather nice too. :0)

Any recommendations for any other shoes welcome as I need to get something for the Nationals next w/e.

njee20
    Free Member

Take them back, and say that. Specialized have a warranty department second to none, I'd be surprised if they didn't just replace them!

dmiller
    Free Member

I had a set go around the toe after a year of use – took them into Dales Glasgow where I got them and they swapped them with no hassle.

And by a years use I mean daily commuting for a year – they looked like they had been chewed on by a rabid dog.

Specs warranty program is superb.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    plop_pants
    Free Member

Thanks! I have used Speccy's warranty program in the past and indeed they have always been excellent. Just thought this might be a bit borderline as I did fall off after all, but then again they should be designed to take a certain amount of knocks though, so I'll give it a go. Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Worth a try? New shoes go bang.’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts