Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Worst weeks luck in bikes in aaaages (new mech content)
  • Olly
    Free Member

Ghetto tubeless failed
    Stem ordered last week was delivered with a 30degree rise and has to go back 🙁
    Epic Bonk on sundays ride
    and to top it all off, my brand new shiney mech somehow jammed on something, and got ripped off, being a steel frame, the hanger didnt budge at all, and the mech has sheared at the knuckle, and ended up at the top of the wheel
    (the only thing i can thing that would cause that would be the chain jamming solid in the mech, which would then rip it off backwards and upwards (i was in granny ring winching up a hill)

do the panel reckon, its worth throwing it in with the stem, which is to be returned with a note along the (cliched) lines of "i was just riding along and look what happened"

or is it just one of those things, it was only a 16 quid mech, mtfu and buy another (better) one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No chance of a warranty, one of those things.

simon1975

Almost as much bad luck as me 😉

auricgoldfinger

That's nothing. My wife drove into an overhead carpark barrier with my bike on the roof on Saturday morning.

Olly
    Free Member

thats what i suspected.
    thanks team.

next question.

To single speed "the tank" and push it on all the ups, or buy a new mech…..
    Hummmmm!

ratadog

My wife drove into an overhead carpark barrier with my bike on the roof on Saturday morning.

Ouch.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Hey ratadog, stop judging others! He didn't necessarily hit her… 😉
    Actually, don't like that, agree with ouch though.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

My wife drove into an overhead carpark barrier with my bike on the roof on Saturday morning.

Surely that's the golden egg of whatever new bike you want, no arguments at all while she massages your shoulders whilst you're ooggling in the LBS….. Any bike you wants gotta be cheaper than the average divorce

auricgoldfinger

Thankfully the damage was restricted to a destroyed bike carrier and a small dent in the roof. The bike seemed to fair ok despite falling of the top of the car. Extensive checking might however reveal terminal damage necessitating a replacement on health and safety grounds 😉

Talkemada
    Free Member

Epic Bonk on sundays ride

That's got to be a Good Thing, surely??? 😀

No?

Am I missing something here? 😕

auricgoldfinger

oops, that is 'off' not of.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Worst weeks luck in bikes in aaaages (new mech content)’ is closed to new replies.