• This topic has 177 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)
  • Worst UK City
  • botanybay
    Free Member

Following from the best thread, what’s the worst UK city?

My vote goes for Manchester, a proper flat shithole, with a stinking stream through the middle, the Irwell. And the Irwell is one of it’s highlights.

No city without a proper river can be good.

There’s loads of other reasons why manc is horrible (it’s even called manc), but what’s the worst? London doesn’t count.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

London.

m0rk
    Free Member

Northampton.

Lived around there for seven years, and have no desire to return

botanybay
    Free Member

Northamptons a city?

LONDON DOESN’T COUNT.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Manchester? London? Really?

I vote Peterborough. Nice cathedral though.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Newport, not just because I’m from Cardiff – but Newporters deserve a better city – Cardiff has had literally billions spent on it to make it a magnificent city, Swansea is heading the same way but a few token gestures aside Newport is still ugly and rough looking.

russ295
    Free Member

Birmingham?

convert

I can’t think of too many pluses to Coventry.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Birmingham

As a Brummie I may be biased, but I’m guessing you’ve not been to Coventry?

TooTall
    Free Member

My vote goes for Manchester,

Not even close.

Peterborough. Awful, awful place.

russ295
    Free Member

I’ve been sent to Coventry a few times!

kudos100
    Free Member

LONDON.

jon1973
    Free Member

I love these really positive threads. They always bring out the best in people.

Harry_the_Spider

Hull?

cheers_drive

3 years as a student in Cov, it gets my vote. Can’t think of a single thing going for it.

teenrat

Why doesn’t London Count?

I would say Stoke or Swansea.

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

Stoke

yossarian
    Free Member

Swindon

There is no doubt.

TooTall
    Free Member

Can’t think of a single thing going for it.

It isn’t Peterborough.

Although Hull is on a par with Peterborough.

kilo

Manchester, but what little I’ve seen of Middlesborough was pretty grim

ElShalimo

Preston?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Swindon

There is no doubt.

Yeah there is – it’s not a city

Stoke

Probly the winner

hot_fiat

Sunderland or Gatehead centres. South Shields is also pretty grim but I don’t think its a city.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Neither Gatesheed or Shields are cities.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dungdee.

nick1962
    Free Member

Manchester,not even close.Try Salford….

Tom-B
    Free Member

Having lived in Stoke-on-Trent for all of my 28 years, I’d say that it’s the worst!!! Certainly the worst that I’ve been to!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Coventry has a pub that has been voted one of the best. It is a converted public toilet. Gets my vote.

Did meet a STWer there who convinced me to buy a SS though

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Birmingham gets my vote. Visited for a weekend and I have no desire to ever return.

wilburt
    Free Member

Bradford

BadlyWiredDog

Peterboghorror.

project
    Free Member

Chester, the romans left hundreds of years ago and people still believe what they see is what the romans left, it also smells of pooh just like in roman times due to poor sewage disposal.

More empty shops than gladiators in a lions cage.

totalshell

not even a city but is proper minging.. ROCHDALE.. kids getting goodness knows what done to them and have been since the 60’s.. more insurance claim ‘shops’ per capita than anywhere else.. most expensive place to insure a taxi in uk.. only place mcdonalds had to close because no one used it..MPs wife sells pics of her boobies on ebay.. slave labour used in local factory.. former mp peadophile gang leader.. according to the current mp whose wife sells pictures on ebay of her boobies.. indoor market been closed cos an outdoor one is going to be more popular given its position 6 miles from the roof of the pennines… the library was recently moved less than 100 meters at a cost of over 14 quid a book..14 quid a book..

Northwind

Someone tried to convince me Milton Keynes is a city once. Obvious lies, it’s a railway station, a bus station, the bowl, and miles of **** all.

nick1962
    Free Member

BTW,when I lived in Manchester the River Mersey was a few hunderd yards from the bottom of my garden.Maybe you’ve heard of it but judging from your ignorance I doubt it…I think you’ll find that many cities are built on rivers are flat.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Portsmouth trumps all.

wrecker
    Free Member

Sheffield seemed pretty shit to me but I have only been once and may not have seen its best side. What I did see was crap. It is also surrounded by some nice country. Hmm. I don’t think any cities are that bad, we have some really, really shit towns though. Gillingham, sheerness and Bridgwater come to mind.

torihada
    Free Member

I vote Stoke as well;

I spent many a weekend there visiting girlfriend at N. Staffs Poly: she was the only one on her course who was a 1st choice candidate. She visited the college in a blizzard and didn’t see Stoke. She cried for the 1st week she was there. Grim 5 towns pretending to be a city, and we come form the North East: it makes Middlesbrough look cosmopolitan. That said I haven’t been back since 1988, and I aint ever going back.

nach
    Free Member

Wherever the OP lives.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“Umm Qasr is a town similar to Southampton”, UK Defence Minister Geoff Hoon told the House of Commons yesterday. “He’s either never been to Southampton, or he’s never been to Umm Qasr”, said one British soldier, informed of this while on patrol in Umm Qasr. Another added: “There’s no beer, no prostitutes, and people are shooting at us. It’s more like Portsmouth.”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘Worst UK City’ is closed to new replies.