Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • worst thing about todays cycle commute?
  • rOcKeTdOg

the amount of insects attracted by my lights, it’s 16th of December FFS and it’s like a summers evening. the little buggers were swarming in the 16 degree temperature. freakishly warm weather

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Having to do it in the car.

My office is full of stupid flies. Apparently they are fungus flies. Thy are starting to take the pi$$. One was buzzing around my face. It landed on my nose. I attempted to swat it and ended up punching myself in the face.

Klunk
    Free Member

will be about a week and a half of double figure temps it’s bonkers when the night time temp in mid December is 10+ (though sunshine has been in very short supply)

jimmy

Bus was too hot

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

My commute is ruined! Living in Cockermouth the flood water has gone but many of the bridges remain closed waiting structural inspection. This means my lovely quiet back road commute is re-routed onto a main road with a really nasty junction to cross. In the dark early morning traffic in not taking the risk
    Miss that nice quite ride to and from work tho.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

The car driver deciding to take my lane to exit Richmond park, while I was entering the park, leaving me clinging to the gate, millimeters away from his car screaming “W******r, W*******r” at him as he sped by.

lewislippiatt
    Free Member

Falling off on the way home and getting a big patch of road rash on the arse/thigh junction.

kully
    Free Member

The after effects of the Christmas do the previous night.

Pickers

The commute is fine, it’s getting to work and because it’s December they have to have the bloody heating on. And keep the windows shut.
    One bloke still has a jumper on. It’s 25 degrees FFS.

ndthornton
    Free Member

No flies on me!!
    Personal hygiene an issue perhaps? 😉

Worst thing about this mornings commute was it ended at the office 🙁

toby1

Yeah in the morning the fact it ended at the office, on the way home the fatigue in my legs from the morning and the gym.

Today has been by car (lift from the wife) because it’s party day so I need my bike at home to get in tomorrow – no morning after driving for me!

tomd
    Free Member

I swallowed a fly on the ride in this morning. The warm weather has brought the guts out again.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I can’t stay cool enough. I’m commuting in bibs shorts and a short sleeved jersey in December and I’m still having to have a cold shower to cool off when I get here, it’s very weird.

pictonroad

15 deg at 7am this morning. Our heating is set to click on at 18 in the mornings, it hasn’t come on yet.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve reverted to wearing shorts at work now & the summer commuting gear has come out of hibernation

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

it was lovely and after last nights ride home when a kn0b wound his window down and said, ‘oi dickhead you don’t even pay road tax’, it could only have been a great ride today.

bianchiboy
    Free Member

Shorts man shorts!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘worst thing about todays cycle commute?’ is closed to new replies.