Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • Worst smell in the world…..
  • bagpuss72
    Free Member

hilldodger – Member

A pathology specimen of bowel tissue that’s been stuck in the post for 7 days at room temperature……

…even worse, 48 of the above which arrive just after your Friday pub luinchtime and have to be processed before you can go home

😳 sorry I dropped one off this morning…. literally….hope you don’t get mine 😳

chvck
    Free Member

Worst: Meat that’s been rotting for quite a while

Best: New rubber, bottle that smell and I’d probably end up suffocating.

mt
    Free Member

Ha, maggot farm smell just about the same as rendering plants and they are marginally better than pet food factories but only just.

The sweet smell of spring in the air at the moment. Well that or GT85.

Woody
    Free Member

The smell of someone who has been dead for a few weeks with the heating full on and doors and windows locked.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

*worries about Woody* 😯

philconsequence
    Free Member

worst: london
    best: the forest as the sun heats it up after a quick warm summer shower then arriving home and walking in to a house filled with the smell of a slow roasted chicken :mrgreen:

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I can vouch for that….. I do like it after a ride when he smells all outdoorsy and rugged though TMI I know sorry….

😯

😥

Mummy I’m frightened and I don’t feel very well….

binners

*worries someone’s just discovered Hora’s corpse*

bagpuss72
    Free Member

*goes to Phil’s house for dinner*

jon1973
    Free Member

The smell of someone who has been dead for a few weeks with the heating full on and doors and windows locked.

Why the hell have you got the heating on? It’s 16’C outside.

emsz
    Free Member

Worst Old cars that have been smoked in. Bleeeurh

Best. Newly unfurling ferns. Or post ” you know” skin.

philconsequence
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmmm ferns! emsz… dammit as long as you promise not to steal mrsconsequence from me you’re more than welcome to join yeti, myself and the rest of the best on a ride

therealhoops
    Free Member

Worst: the smell in the morning of last nights beer and takeaway slowly rotting in the kitchen
    Best: the smell of last nights beer and takeaway

Kunstler

Best: pine-woods, the sea, peat(not him), parma violets, toast on a campsite, fish supper at the Real food cafe after a long day in the hills. Summer rain.

Worst: Norfolk

Some seem like best and worst at the same time. The Edinburgh brewery smell does this for me.

Kunstler

Actually, the worst is halitosis.

Lifer
    Free Member

Worst – New car smell, makes me feel sick

Best – summer rain, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mounty_73

Best; the smell of baking & fresh bread

Worst; dog poo, it just makes me gag!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

DMSO

Horrible, horrible stuff…

yossarian
    Free Member

Worst: rotting shellfish

Best: wild garlic in the woods

Hadge
    Free Member

Best smell – Castrol R – speedway bikes, 2-strokes running it – absolutely fabulous smell.

Worst smell – a guy I once worked with – you could see flowers wilting when he walked past!

Muke
    Free Member

👿
    Worst…A wet Labrador that has just rolled in fox pooh

😀
    Best…. Jet engine exhaust gases

brakes
    Free Member

Best: spicy food, bacon sandwiches, sausages off a barbecue, creosote
    Worst: the Lush soap/ toiletries shop, donut stands, poo, chicken bits that have been in a warm bin for a week

tazzymtb

worst smells- In vessel composting systems, autoclaving municipal solid waste, clinical waste treatments that aren’t working very well and dimethyl formamide

good smells- leather, that lovely grass smell after rain, pine forests up mountains

enfht
    Free Member

A tramp once took his shoes and socks off on a tube train which made the entire carriage evacuate at the next stop gagging and choking.

It was truly awful, a smell so bad that human instict told you to run for your life, no exageration.

He just sat there chuckling to himself

fave smell = well grown, sweet-smelling, funky skunky smelly weed sh1t.

thejesmonddingo

I once had to paint a guy with DMSO,neither of us enjoyed it much,but worst is a man who has been in the local reservoir for 6 weeks,about 10 mins after they start the PM.
    Ian

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Worst: dead/rotting animal.
    Best: nice vagina.

Xylene
    Free Member

Favorite – Bleach or hyporchlorite
    Least Fav – Rotten banana skins

derek_starship
    Free Member

WORST: the smell that emerges when you accidentally cut open a rabbit’s stomach when gutting it. Can’t describe it but it fills your eyes, ears, nose and writes off your other senses in a split second.

BEST: that melange of curry and garlic nann wafting down the street near the local takeaways.

derek_starship
    Free Member

3 fish – could you be any more explicit?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Best: Petrichor
    Worst: The smell of donuts in liverpool city centre. They used to smell great until I ate one, and nearly vomited back up the spoonfulls of old oil used to cook them.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

3 fish – could you be any more explicit?

Is that a rhetorical question?

downshep

The fishing crew who drowned and stayed down for a couple of weeks until their fermented digestive gasses made them bob to the surface. The crew (and attached sea creature infestations) were all taken to the same mortuary. They literally fell apart on being disrobed, toes coming off with socks etc. The place stank for weeks afterwards and was later closed. Still gives me the boak years later.

Quite like the subtle blend of coffee and GT85 wafting from Wheelcraft.

sambob
    Free Member

Meat rendering plant in exeter by the playing field, was gagging for the 200 metres before and after it 🙁
    Best smell: Roasted coffee or GT85.

yunki
    Free Member

worst: burning bakelite.. especially when you’re not burning any bakelite.. very unnerving..
    best: burning MDMA

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Dead Badger,after about a week or so,Makes me urge and i have a very strong stomach

Klunk
    Free Member

worst: the wife’s feet.
    best: the beach (probably cos the water is covering the wife’s feet)

avdave2

At the moment it’s the smell of my friend’s ecu frying. He insisted on driving down to pick up a curry rather than walk for 5 minutes. Went to come back and everything is flashing and firing intermittently and the distinct smell of components melting, and that’s not a nice smell.

So the cars still outside the curry house.

Best smell, well the curry is pretty good.

firestarter
    Free Member

Worst either the mass grave we found in Bosnia or the dead animal I ended up mixed with as I dived to the floor during a section attack

Best two stroke motorbikes

spooky_b329

Worst: Veet hair removal cream as its doing its thing *Gag*

Best: Tough one, well vinegared chips (that conflicts with someone on the page before) fresh coffee. Can’t seem to think of anything not food related 🙂

jonnyrobertson

So many great smells….freshly cut grass, rain, the sea (although I often frequent Bempton Cliffs and that doesn’t smell so good!), fresh baking, used to love the smell of tarmac being laid as a kid, coal fires and getting the Christmas decorations out. There was a peculiar sweet smell to them, a smell that I’ve never come close to anywhere else. I’m vegan but must confess that the smell of a dirty burger van gets me drooling.

Can cope with the smell of silage and other farmyard smells, mowing cat sh*t and treading in dog eggs is not good but and the bogs at work are pretty bad as they’re on mascerators instead of standard plumbing but the worst smell I ever encountered was when a guy at work dropped his bat and the ensuing fall out cleared a large part of the mess room, people were leaving rather than endure it, and those that walked into it were beaten back by the pungent fug. It was still rank about five minutes after it was unleashed. All the while the perpetrator was stood by the water cooler looking reet pleased with himself. Made your eyes sting.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Worst smell in the world…..’ is closed to new replies.