Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • worst mountain bike products….EVER!
  • Klunk
    Free Member

Elastomer on the way back 🙂

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

chestrockwell – Member
    ‘Elastomer forks, were a joke.’
    Why? What was better between 1991-95?

…No, seriously: rigid forks were better than 30mm of up and down elastomer fork ‘movement’, combined with 50mm of torsional flex, indifferent performance fade in real world conditions and unnecessary extra bike weight.

Pace RC35s (for example) did look pimp though.. 8)

Stevet1
    Free Member

Hmm looks like I hit the jackpot.
    Purple – check
    Narrow bars – check
    Long stem – check
    Beartrap pedals – check
    X-ray Gripshift – check
    Elastomer forks – check

At least I’ve got another bike to fall back on

Dangnammit!

Ah well back in the day I was well cooler with my fashion sense and amazeballs 6″ travel Foes weasel / Stratos forks. Still rocking purple cook bros cranks and Rockguard as well

One handed crotchgrab! Yeah baby!

At least Warner had a cool bike for racing DH on. Well maybe not then

dazh

4 pages in and no mention of sealskinz socks? Maybe not mountain bike specific but still a pile of sh*te.

Northwind

I like my sealskinz, wouldn’t be without them (or something like them) in winter. Now Gore waterproof socks, those are awful. I think it’s great that Gore have an equal opportunities hiring policy and employ disabled people and that but I do think they should leave the sock design to people who’ve ever had feet.

IdleJon

dazh – Member
    4 pages in and no mention of sealskinz socks? Maybe not mountain bike specific but still a pile of sh*te.

Not if you wear tights/trousers/something to stop water running down your legs and filling them up.

I worked in a bike shop briefly. Somebody brought a pair back complaining that they were leaking. He got a refund. We filled them with water and let them stand all day. No leakage at all.

cheekyget
    Free Member

[/quote]Well I never tried a Zyzxx fork but there was a clear consensus that they worked for about 5 minutes so that’s enough for me

The others were indeed rubbish or at least inferior to other products available at the time.

I gotta fess up……not only did I have these…..I even brought the 7″ upgrade kit from USA too…..!!…..at the time I thought they were the nutz

Ooooooh I feel ashamed now!!!!…..lol

nedrapier

So yeah, whatever, everything was shite 15-20 years ago…

To be fair, it genuinely was. Rose to the dizzying heights of “barely adequate” at best

nope.

This was a flipping awesome frame. Still is now. It would still be a great ride with all the bits that came on it new. LX and XT, Bomber Z2s…

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘worst mountain bike products….EVER!’ is closed to new replies.