Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 375 total)
  • worst film ever …….
  • DrP

I watched the latest Mad Max last night.
    The only reason I kept watching was to see if it got ANY better (it didn’t) or any worse.

I mean, i put subtitles on for a laugh and the text “Max grunts” must have been written about a thousand times.
    Tom Hardy’s lines could have been sent to him in a single text message, and it was just..well…awful…

DrP

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Not having a go at you shermer, but does anyone actually give a damn about rotten tomatoes? It just strikes me as a kind of lowest common denominator score.

Not pointed at you, but a lot of people don’t realise how rotten tomatoes gets it’s scores. It’s not a score out of 100 in the way most people think, but a % of how many reviews were positive from all the reviews. For left behind that means only 1 of the 62 critic reviews gave it a positive review.

woodster

Open water was a miserable experience as was the similar Frozen (non-disney), but the film tht really sticks in my head is

Don’t mess with the Zohan.

It wasn’t my choice and I lowered my expectations accordingly, but it still managed to push me too far. Hateful.

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

Legend. Really looking forward to this, and I did enjoy the beating in the pub , but the rest ? Dire. Wanted to walk out but was with girlfriend .

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

Dead pool…….. dead crap.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wow worth dredging up the thread for that one…
    Deadpool was awesome

stany
    Free Member

Bit late to the party here but I’d be hard pressed to choose between Gangs of New York or 40 Year Old Virgin for which movie would most likely have me sticking jacket spud skewers through my eyes and ears!

BillOddie

Marley and Me…

stgeorge

Jurassic City

Quite possibly the worst film I’ve ever seen, it was the worst for my son. Not even laughable.

Scapegoat

You’re all wrong. It’s London has fallen. Utter, utter, woeful shite.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

The new Point Break remake. Big big fan of the original. This was just dreadful.

Kuco

I was just going to say mention the new Point Break but noticed monkeysfeet has already mentioned it.

noltae
    Free Member

Wild Wild West – with Will Smith & kenneth branagh walked out of cinema – in the foyer the attendant remarked that lots of folk had walked out ..

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I know this will be popular 😉

2005-early2010 Otherwise unavailable Kermode and Mayo reviews
    including many many classic rants, and beautiful moments like Mayo having to get up and shut the window when broadcasting from some cricket ground or other to shut the opera singer on the PA up…

There’s plenty of films he skewers beautifully, vintage stuff.

Depending on how I feel this evening I may be prepared to start a thread called “Test Mark Kermode” where all yooz haters say which films you love/hate and I’ll find the review and give you his verdict.

I wonder how many people, who generally say he’s wrong will agree or disagree with him when we put it to the test?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Dead pool…….. dead crap.

You start a thread called worst film ever and you come up with that? Must try harder 😉

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Crawlspace, nothing I have seen before or since is as bad as this movie!!!

twistedpencil

Watched the Phantom Menace for the first time since its theatrical release with my boy last week. Was hoping seeing it through a 7year olds eyes would improve it, sadly it didn’t. So so disappointing.

Crash (JG Ballard version) was nearly as bad a date movie as Boxing Helena…

copa
    Free Member

The Master. A film that the movie critics oozed all over.
    I just wanted it to end and it never did.

spudly1979
    Free Member

Ok, my couple…

definitely got to have AI, good god it was awful. I literally can’t watch more than 2 minutes of mamma mia without walking out. Kingdom of the crystal skull was truly terrible milking of a great brand. Lost in translation honestly made me lose the will to live.

However the prize has to go to phantom menace. Ruined ruined ruined. I could cheerfully have throttled Lucas after that.

Oh and you can’t possibly have dog soldiers! Umm, it was a horror comedy? It’s meant to be funny! Oh and open water freaked me out. It’s utterly my worst fear to be fair, but I had tingling in my legs throughout the film.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I don’t about the worst film ever but Interstellar must rate as my most disappointing film ever. Christopher Nolan is my favourite director of the moment and Hans Zimmer’s music for the likes of the Batman films and Inception are incredible.

Interstellar must rate as the nadir for both of their careers. There were so many holes in the plot for Interstellar it was laughable and I wouldn’t have believed that Nolan was capable of such drivel.

mrmoofo

Jupiter Ascending …
    Anyone who think Hiddleston walks on water needs to see this film , it is true awful ….
    And he amongst a cast who don’t really show their profession to the best …

konabunny
    Free Member

Boston Kickout. Terrible.

spudly1979
    Free Member

Oh and watching Pulp Fiction now for about the tenth time. Still great.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Watched Jackie Brown tonight……. wow it is shit!!!!!

jimjam
    Free Member

Worst house ever.

A house I don’t like.

Opinions…..what are they and how do they work?????

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/cwXfv25xJUw[/video]

Late entrant?

Lifer
    Free Member

Tom B – Member – Block User

I love it *shrugs*

slimjim78
    Free Member

Freddy got fingered.

‘LOOK AT ME DADDY! I’M A FARMER!’

For that reason alone, you are 1000% wrong.

Too many contenders for worst ever, but I remember walking out of Robin Hood (Crowe) at the cinema in disgust. The final in the Matrix trilogy was pretty much a travesty too, following the brilliance of the first.

Drac

Interstellar
    There Will be Blood
    The Mist

Just for starters.

JohnnyPanic

Anything on ScyFy.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

😯

Tarantino’s tightest script and most restrained film out of all the ones he’s made and you think it’s the worst film ever?

Kato

I experienced it yesterday when the missus took me to the cinema

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

Ran out of ice cream in the first five minutes and after an hour i wanted to eat a bullet

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Water World. I do like a bit of Kevin but walked out of cinema for this one.

CountZero

And that people can’t tell a bad film from one they didn’t enjoy.
    Oooh. Hark at he! Went to film school did we?

I can very easily tell a bad film from one I didn’t enjoy; I don’t go to see films that I know from the subject matter/storyline/genre that I won’t enjoy it.
    And I don’t have to have gone to film school for that, I’m perfectly capable of making my own mind up, which is why I’ve only seen a tiny percentage of all of the films mentioned here.
    As someone said earlier, there’s a definite case of people mixing up films that they didn’t enjoy with worst film ever.
    Deadpool? Bloody excellent film, everyone involved is clearly enjoying every second of it, the whole breaking the fourth wall aspect is just so well done, it’s a comic book film that knows it’s a comic book film, and rejoices in the fact.
    Biggest money earner of the whole Marvel universe so far, as I understand it, for reasons that should be abundantly clear to anyone.

About as sexy as watching a dinner lady whip up a vat of instant mashed potato.
    I have the strangest…

Thanks for the insight into the murkier recesses of your psyche, Cougar, that got a genuine lol from me, just a good thing I wasn’t eating or drinking anything at the time! 😆

DezB
    Free Member

The worst film I’ve seen is Knocked Up.
    Haven’t seen every film made so couldn’t possibly say if it is the Worst Film Ever.

binners

We went to see High Rise the other night (bloody brilliantly WTF twisted!) but saw the trailer for this utter nonsense

It surely has to be a potential contender?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

They changed the story too much in The Iron Giant, but it’s still not the worst film ever.

enfht
    Free Member

The Crying Game. Won a frickin Oscar. Utter shite film.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mrmoofo – Member
    Jupiter Ascending …
    Anyone who think Hiddleston walks on water needs to see this film , it is true awful ….
    And he amongst a cast who don’t really show their profession to the best …

Certainly got through my test of crap film as when watching it on DVD I went out made dinner and din’t bother pausing it.

Drac – Moderator
    Interstellar

A truly awesome film – have to say given the crap around how even if you didn’t like t/get it could put it down as the worst
    Jackie Brown is a good film to go back and watch again

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The Amazing Spiderman, the one with Andrew Garfield.

Really cliched, his acting was pretty ropy.

Only saving grace was Emma Stone…

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 375 total)

The topic ‘worst film ever …….’ is closed to new replies.