Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 375 total)
  • worst film ever …….
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

Yep. 100% agree. Furthermore a genre film, say Dog Soldiers or The Descent, or whatever is going to be more concerned with horror/atmosphere/gore/effects than they will continuity, realism etc.

Yet people still gleefully wax lyrical at the drop of a hat about how amazing Dogegg Soldiers is. It’s not, it’s crap. Bad Taste is how a terrible film should be done.

Surely Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull deserves a mention? Endless pointless CGI effects, awful acting, just utter rubbish. What was Harrison Ford thinking of?

One of many “lets see if the corpse will twitch” follow-ups of that time. See also Die Hard 4.0, Rambo, Die Hard Again But Even Crapper, Rocky Balboa, A Good Day to Just **** Off and Die etc.

* I now know that the Netflix star ratings are posted by under 16s

Nope, just vindictive gits like me who like to give the worst imaginable crap 5 star ratings 😀

Alien 3 is interesting. If you read about the production, the development process that led to the final film it’s fascinating stuff. If you’re interested in that kind of thing of course.

David Fincher is a fantastic film maker and had a very clear vision of what he wanted. The studio and producers had very different ideas. It’s amazing it’s as good as it is.

Watching the two cuts is like watching two completely different films, Finchers cut made so much more sense. Alien Resurrectiojn suffered from the same thing IIRC.

(and can I just add that I’m glad we are referring to them all as films and not ‘movies’).

After years of Hollywood corruption I’m now making a conscious effort to re-train my brain into defaulting to English again.

Quite. Also, it’s a film or video. Not an “edit”.

Malvern Rider

DO NOT SPEAK ILL OF KURT RUSSELL!

Iron Sky

Really? It’s supposed to be crap, like really crap. It just ahd a better budget than Sharktopus (if you’ve not seen Sharktopus you REALLY should. It’s awful. Hilariously so.)

bad even by the standards of “films with Jeff Bridges”.

You what?

jon1973
    Free Member

I think Roadhouse falls in to the ‘so bad it’s good category’.

Cheeks
    Free Member

Anything written or made by woody allen.

Xylene
    Free Member

entourage the movie

Drac

The Mist

There Will be Blood

Contact

Three_Fish
    Free Member

There Will be Blood

Now you’re just trolling.

epicyclo

I watched Sharknado 2 last night. It just had to be done.

Can’t wait for Sharknado 3…. 🙂

Drac

Now you’re just trolling.

Nope, it’s bloody awful.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Nope, you just didn’t like it.

Drac

Nope, you just didn’t like it.

Ah Ok I guess you know better than me then because I thought it was awful.

DezB
    Free Member

There Will Be Blood wasn’t the worst film ever by any stretch, but it was a hell of a lot more boring than I expected.

WillH

There Will Be Blood wasn’t the worst film ever by any stretch, but it was a hell of a lot more boring than I expected.

This.
    Too many long, moody silences and angsty looks. Still enjoyed it, but it wasn’t as good as it could have been.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Ah Ok I guess you know better than me then because I thought it was awful.

Well, it’s big of you to acknowledge it. Quite surprising, too.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Jupiter Ascending – Earth and other planets are essentially bees hives; at some point harvested some sort of life giving elixir. All owned by a galactic royal family, their ‘king’ has died leaving the siblings arguing over the inheritance. There’s a girl on earth who’s special for some reason…. Then I questioned why I was trying to follow this storyline that was really stupid and hard to follow, so turned it off.

Drac

Oh wait another.

Noah.

My god that was awful I didn’t last 20 minutes.

edlong
    Free Member

I used to rely on the presence of Jack Nicholson as a reliable indicator that a film wouldn’t be awful. Until I saw Wolf.

Highlander 2 is still worse though.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236157/

Disco Pigs

Poster says “90 Minutes You will never forget”, genuinely only movie I have ever walked out of at the cinema, so it was about 40 minutes I will never forget.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Possibly not the absolute worst film ever but for something that was hyped up and got good reviews Gangs of New York was an absolute shocker .

TheDTs
    Free Member

Matilda (1978)
    We were on a Family ski trip to the Alpes, by coach.
    The other coach in the convoy were watching ET which we hadn’t seen and all our rep had was this film about a boxing kangaroo struggling to get recognition from the boxing association!

Youtube

deadkenny
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    GTFO, Highlander is awesome.

Absolutely.

Highlander 2 on the other hand … That gets my vote. It’s the only film I’ve seen at the cinema where I was ready to walk out of. I only wish I had. I stayed to see if it got better, but it didn’t. Bonkers how the same director came up with such an utter turd to follow up an excellent film, and manages to be an insult to the first by rewriting the events in such a puerile way.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Matilda (1978)
    We were on a Family ski trip to the Alpes, by coach.

Carry On Don’t Lose Your Head
    We were going on a ski trip, by coach and this was brought by someone. Not sure if that was the same year we had Braveheart running on a perpetual loop as well. FML.

Not sure if Apocalypse Snow was any worse but it was at least amusing to see monoboarders get a good kicking.

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

Flatliners. What a load of tosh .

deadkenny
    Free Member

squirrelking – Member
    We were going on a ski trip, by coach and this was brought by someone

I recall a school trip on a coach and we got Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

Not entirely awful plus it’s watchable for cheesy bad film comical value now. Also interesting to spot Milton Keynes locations doubling for Metropolis 😆

IHN

Can’t wait for Sharknado 3….

I caught the first 15 minutes of Sharknado 3 on Monday night. Erm, well, wow.

nemesis
    Free Member

Little Fockers.

Enjoyed the first Meet the Fockers, the second was ok but this 👿

Clearly scripted to allow the film to cash in by churning out a title without actually having to get the cast together – almost all of the scenes/shots involve people in different locations so that they can be spliced together and the storyline is as you’d expect. And Robert De Niro doesn’t even have the decency to look embarrassed.

sturdylad
    Free Member

Without reading the previous 8 pages to see if anyone else correctly guessed the worst film ever..

The answer is

OPEN WATER

Case closed.

binners

Uniting two threads – this and the Liam Neesan one – Battleship is presently on 4. We’ve opted to watch it because it looks spectacularly awful! It’s living up to expectations so far!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Diana, starring Naimoi Watts – I put it on when my mother came around, because she loves royalty. Even she said it was ‘a bit dull’. I’d never been so happy to see the Eiffel Tower!

I think the Human Centipede would have been more entertaining.

scotroutes

I’ve watched that and couldn’t make up my mind whether they really were playing it as a spoof.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed Battleship 😕

jeffl

I just knew this was going to be resurrected with a reference to battleship when I saw it on the front page. I agree it’s utter trip but quite enjoyable tripe. I mean doing a handbrake turn in a battleship after hot wiring it, genius.

donks
    Free Member

deadkenny – Member
    squirrelking – Member
    We were going on a ski trip, by coach and this was brought by someone
    I recall a school trip on a coach and we got Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.
    Not entirely awful plus it’s watchable for cheesy bad film comical value now. Also interesting to spot Milton Keynes locations doubling for Metropolis
    POSTED 2 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

Ha…. I was in that film. Some scenes were shot at our school…. I was in an American football scene. We had Christopher reeve swinging from a crane in our sports field for a week. Truly terrible film.

tomhoward

Anybody seen United passions yet?

My vote goes to one of the below

Quantum of Solace
    Goal
    Goal 2
    Goal 3
    Dredd
    Transformers: age of extinction

Drac

I’m very tempted to put Interstellar on my list. 3 hours of dragged out painfully slow rubbish, given I figured out what was going on within about 20 minutes I’m not sure why I continued.

j4mie
    Free Member

Just throwing Titanic 2 in there. Was a great laugh though

Sandwich

Cliffhanger
    Armageddon
    GI Joe
    Jupiter Rising

All truly bad. Mrs Sandwich still owes for making me sit through the 2 in the middle when going through the Bruce Willis oeuvre. I’m responsible for us sitting through the last one.

EDIT I forgot Vertical Limit

garage-dweller

The answer is surely one of the following…

The Grey OR
    That bloody awful film with the friends stuck on the chair lift

The test being I could never sit through either again – and I have watched Starship Troopers and Judge Dredd more than once so I am cinematically very tough (before someone impugns my judgement I would highlight I don’t think those films are good they are the cinematic equivalent to a bush tucker trial).

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Starship Troopers and Judge Dredd more than once so I am cinematically very tough (before someone impugns my judgement I would highlight I don’t think those films are good they are the cinematic equivalent to a bush tucker trial).

Both are excellent genre pieces. They know their audience and they cater to them, but still manage put together a decent, entertaining film, with a reasonable cohesive plot.

Something like Gigli, which has genuine reasons to be called the worst film ever fails so miserably in even the most basics of comedy, editing, direction etc that it make stuff like Starships Troops look Oscar worthy.

I lasted about 15mins of Battleship before turning it off.

fatmax

Without reading the previous 8 pages to see if anyone else correctly guessed the worst film ever..
    The answer is
    LOVE ACTUALLY
    Case closed.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 375 total)

The topic ‘worst film ever …….’ is closed to new replies.