Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 375 total)
  • worst film ever …….
  • Cougar

You have a Frenchman playing a Scotsman and a Scotsman playing an Egyptian. What could possibly be wrong there?

richc
    Free Member

World’s end . Simon pegg . I’ve lost an hour and a half I’ll never get back. Disgustingly poor.

I didn’t think it was that bad… some of the drunk conversations seemed to be accurate the the shit people come out with when pissed.

Not the worst film I’ve ever seen, which must be Robin Hood men in tights…….

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Battle Los Angeles?

Yes. And that Skyline one that is very similar.

Mind you, I think Aaron Eckhart being cast is a pretty good indicator of a film that is going to suck.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickc

I was genuinely perplexed by Battlefield Los Angles…why aliens? what were they for?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

GTFO, Highlander is awesome.

Highlander is possibly the most awesome film ever made, possibly because I was an extra and, although I never appeared on screen, every time it gets mentioned, I hope for the extended version where I get my 2 seconds of near fame.

ransos
    Free Member

WALL-E – went to see it with a couple of my younger cousins, out of the 8 of us there half of us fell asleep some-point during the film

I thought it was a wonderful film, tackling an interesting and timely topic with great humour and intelligence.

IHN

I think I’m the only person in the world who liked Open Water.

I shall balance that out with being (probably) the only person in the world who thinks Pulp Fiction is a bit ‘meh’

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Far, far more important than anything like… oh, I don’t know… a plot!

It would appear from your inability to answer a simple question, or at least by the clumsy but slightly comical way in which you’re avoiding it, that you just struggle with anything different from how you think films ‘should’ be. The ‘plot’ in Elephant is so stunningly obvious – it even gets repeated and cross-referenced, what, three, four times? – that one would would have to have been looking elsewhere to miss it.

If you don’t like something, or don’t understand it, then just say so. Saying it is awful just makes you look like a fool. Elephant, whilst no Citizen Kane, is a solid piece of cinema. It’s an unconventional view and depiction of an incident that most people only ever saw from the distorted and glamorised perspective and prejudice of the mainstream media. I guess some folk struggle to get on with things when they aren’t being told how to experience them.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Harlem Nights for me and also Lost in translation. Hard Candy deserves a mention.

TooTall
    Free Member

You’re all WRONG.

Thomas and the Magic Railroad is the worst.

It is a chopped-up, disjointed mess of a turd with a baffling cast all acting way below their abilities.

hels
    Free Member

All the Alien films after Aliens.

They get special condemnation for the spectacular drop in standards.

As do all the Star Wars pish after Empire.

jimjam
    Free Member

hels – Member

All the Alien films after Aliens.

They get special condemnation for the spectacular drop in standards.
    Alien 3 is interesting. If you read about the production, the development process that led to the final film it’s fascinating stuff. If you’re interested in that kind of thing of course.

David Fincher is a fantastic film maker and had a very clear vision of what he wanted. The studio and producers had very different ideas. It’s amazing it’s as good as it is.

stevego
    Free Member

I’d definitely agree with Warhorse, I’d forgotten that gem earlier. I was also made to sit through Michael Jacksons thriller as a child by an older cousin who thought he was wonderful. Talk about child abuse.

IHN

Oh yeah, Alien. My cinematic contrariness continues, as I was massively underwhelmed by that too.

Harry_the_Spider

Snake Eyes. Snake Shite more like.

Not Nicholas Cage’s finest hour.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not Nicholas Cage’s finest hour.

trying to remember if there is a fine hour

Tiger6791

Pink Panther remake was pish

Cougar

Alien 3 is interesting.

I rewatched all the Alienses not so long ago. Whilst not a great film by any stretch, Resurrection wasn’t half as bad as I remembered.

Try as I might though, I just can’t muster any love for Alien Cubed. By [SPOILERS!] killing off Newt and Hicks in the opening crawl they rendered the entire previous film pointless, and it just went downhill from there.

I have high hopes for Neill Blomkamp’s alternative sequel. Pleasebegood.

Yak

trying to remember if there is a fine hour

“put the bunny back in the box” shirley?

Yak

Anyway, ‘Dude, where’s my car?’ is dreadful. Bad within it’s genre.

Caher

Wayne’s world.

mogrim

You have a Frenchman playing a Scotsman and a Scotsman playing an Egyptian. What could possibly be wrong there?

With a Spanish name. Sounds reasonable.

Anyway my votes:

* Showgirls. Walked out halfway through, despite preparing carefully by drinking a bottle of red before the start. Not even drunkedness+boobies could save that turkey.

* Blair Witch Project. Only stayed because I thought my then GF was enjoying it. Discovered at the end she hadn’t walked out for the same reason.

* Pulp Fiction. And pretty much any other Tarantino film. Irritating and self-indulgent crap. See also the Spanish director/writer, Alejandro Amenábar.

* Star Wars I. Please, please don’t them mess up the new one!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Caher – Member

Wayne’s world.

Sorry you’re confused, if we’re looking for the “worst film ever” Wayne’s World cannot be the answer, firstly because it’s actually (party time) excellent, and secondly because it has a sequel which is infinitely worse.

Second suggestion – Blues Brothers 2000, I wept when I saw what they’d done to the memory of one of the funniest, silliest films ever made.

pictonroad

That Indiana Jones skull nonsense is perplexing, it didn’t need to be made, it tarnished a truly great brand and I’ve never met anyone who thought it anything other than hateful dross.

Bloody love Dog Soldiers, you can’t take it seriously, it cost about £30 to make and the actors are having a great time hamming it up.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

ladies and gentleman i give you:

Big Fat Gypsy Gangster

now I like a bad film and have quite enjoyed many of those already listed on here but this is absolute and utter tosh.

The review linked above is more funny than the actual film.

(and can I just add that I’m glad we are referring to them all as films and not ‘movies’).

Kuco

The Happening

Even Mark Wahlberg admits it was bad.

mogrim

That Indiana Jones skull nonsense is perplexing, it didn’t need to be made, it tarnished a truly great brand and I’ve never met anyone who thought it anything other than hateful dross.

I’d forgotten that one, another to add to the list.

IHN

* Pulp Fiction. And pretty much any other Tarantino film. Irritating and self-indulgent crap.

I am not alone! Hallelujah!

Cougar

(and can I just add that I’m glad we are referring to them all as films and not ‘movies’).

After years of Hollywood corruption I’m now making a conscious effort to re-train my brain into defaulting to English again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fasthaggis

The Netflix film selection resembles the DVD bargain bin in a pound shop. Anything with an actor in that you have heard of is probably going to get 4 stars plus.

Fair point .I was quite new to Netflix and gave them a few chances.

Good call with Skyline ,that was utter bobbins.

God’s Pocket took some effort.
    I wanted it to be Seymour Hoffmantastic ,it wasn’t.

Mood Indigo was hard work and just annoyed me all the way through.

I really must stop giving crap films a chance for redemption by watching them to the end. 🙄

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

oh shoot, this has just popped into my head. On a par with my previous submission and of the same genre is The Hooligan Factory

a very, very bad film.

hels
    Free Member

They killed off Hicks, Cougar ? I must have blocked that out.

honeybadgerx

The recent Lone Ranger re-make. Watched it on netflix whilst ill, it didn’t help. Also, pretty much any horror movie, I just don’t get them.

Cougar

Yep.

There were three (human) survivors on the Sulaco; Ripley, Hicks and Newt. Why on Fiorina Earth they didn’t run with an grown-up Newt as a character I have no idea.

ChrisL

Of those listed so far, Wing Commander and Batman and Robin are the two that have had me nodding and thinking “yes, that one was awful”. I’d probably be doing the same about Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull and Highlander 2 but I appear to have suppressed my memories about them. 🙂

It appears I’ve been quite fortunate in avoiding many of the other candidates listed here. I remember thinking that Dog Soldiers was a bit poor but not a contender for all-time-worst though.

Hawk the Slayer is rubbish.

richmtb

The Happening

Good shout, lets face it most of M. Night Shangalangalans oeuvre is utter dross, film making as a cheap parlour trick with his reliance on “twists” you can often see a mile away. The Sixth Sense was just about bearable but the rest were all pretty crap.

Just a lazy cash in by everyone involved that shat all over an excellent trilogy

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Yep.

There were three (human) survivors on the Sulaco; Ripley, Hicks and Newt. Why on Fiorina Earth they didn’t run with an grown-up Newt as a character I have no idea.

Yeah Alien 3 bawlsed the whole franchise up, it literally killed the whole cast (bar the Aliens of course) meaning the whole clone element in the 4th one.

The new Alien film is said to be a direct sequel to Aliens, forgets 3 and ‘Resurrection’ or ‘Aliens: Tokyo Drift’ doesn’t matter because however many sequels they make, it will always be the last one.

Leku
    Free Member

AI

12 hours of my life I will never get back (it may have been shorter but it felt that long).

Just die already…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

All of the hundreds (thousands?) of ‘blockbuster’ films that are essentially summarised in this 2 min clip of Kurt Russell (or is it Duke Nukem?) giving some good old boy treatment to the evil Aliens/Foreigners/Folks With Foreign Ideas:

‘Give my regards to King Tut, a**hole!’

[video]http://youtu.be/_JuHsTbZKqA[/video]

M. Night Shangalangalan

Oh yes, ‘The Village’. Ye gods.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 375 total)

The topic ‘worst film ever …….’ is closed to new replies.