Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 375 total)
  • worst film ever …….
  • MikeG

vehicle 19 – awful

cheekyget
    Free Member

Revolver…..what was Guy Ritchie thinking….!!…I didn’t bother watching all the first hour was too much for me

nuke

Twilight…I keep an open mind on films even if its a genre I’m not a fan of normally and work on the principle that if they score 7.0 or above on imdb then they’re normally worth a watch: this is the only film that failed that test, utter shit (I note its dropped to 5.2 on imdb now)

jes
    Free Member

Ishtar, I win 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Revolver is pretty appalling, it’s a 2 hour self indulgent **** from a director who started to believe his own hype, but he got back on track soon after.

But it’s not as bad as ’88 Minutes’ with Al Pacino… The plot makes no sense, not in that’s it’s unrealistic, but it literally nonsensical, it looks crap, the dialogue is crap it’s just appalling in every way – to give a real idea of how bad it is you need to look at the history of it – originally shot in the mid-2000s the first cut was so bad they sacked the director and tried to re-shoot it, but Al P wasn’t having it so they reshot only scenes he wasn’t it so they don’t fit with the bits he’s in – the end result was so bad they wrote it off – binned it, never to be seen by the public lest it destroyed the career of everyone concerned – but a few years later when the crash happened, the studio facing bankruptcy- shat it out as a straight to DVD film for Central and South America only and made a couple of quid in it – facing further financial problems they rushed it out in cinemas in the US and Europe, unprompted (because Al P, the only ‘star’ in it refused to do press for it) for 2 weeks and then straight to DVD.

It’s offensively bad.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I must admit that I like some of the films already listed.

But my submission: Dog Soldiers.

Utter **** horseshit from start to finish, I honestly thought it was supposed to be a comedy, who the **** sits round a campfire telling stories on an escape and evasion exercise? Not even cadets, that’s **** who.

nick1962
    Free Member

Just endured this pile of **** Happy go lucky
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1045670/
    A Tarantino-like massacre of any or all of the main characters,preferably early on, would definitely have improved it.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Wing Commander, and a few of the above but how can Ronin be in a ‘worst films list’ ?

ironnigel
    Free Member

Surprised we’ve got this far without a vote for The Descent.

Why do cavers need ice axes? Oh wait. It’s to brain Zombie cave dwelling types.

Or…

The Wicker Man (Nicholas Cage version). It was so bad even the cast knew it. Noone appeared to be trying. Terrible film.

jimjam
    Free Member

squirrelking

I must admit that I like some of the films already listed.

But my submission: Dog Soldiers.

Utter **** horseshit from start to finish, I honestly thought it was supposed to be a comedy, who the **** sits round a campfire telling stories on an escape and evasion exercise? Not even cadets, that’s **** who.

Are you saying that Dog Soldiers, a film about Werewolves in the Scottish Highlands, wasn’t true and accurate in it’s portrayal of military maneuvers ?

deluded
    Free Member

I want to say Rawhead Rex, but that was so incredibly shite that it fell off the bottom of the scale to reappear at the top under genius.

I’m gonna go with The Tree of Life. For such a rated film, my ass actually fell off through boredom. Colossal pseudo-intellectual bollox.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Donkey Punch

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I’m glad to see others think Dog Soldiers was cack, I thought I was the only one!
    My vote goes for Closer. There’s a scene where Clive Owen (awful) asks Natalie Portman to bend over and show him something. I nearly kicked myself in the back of the head from cringing.

iolo
    Free Member

Teeth.
    It’s about a young lady who has teeth in her vagina.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuW_L8WJtMk[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Jupiter Ascending
    I didn’t care if they lived
    I went and made dinner halfway through
    I had no idea who was and neither did I care

Transformers (The box set) watched one of them on a plane as I was saving anything worth watching for more than a 5″ screen. It was a mistake.

almost anything on the side of a bus with a great rating from a lads mag or the word “Hilarious” in the tag line

Flaperon

Perfume.

The Last Airbender comes second-to-last, only saved by the line “I knew he was a bender the moment I saw him.”

Flaperon

Teeth. It’s about a young lady who has teeth in her vagina.

😯

CheesybeanZ

Glimmer Man , a smug tub of lard in a shiny silver suit spouting mumbo jumbo bollax.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gosforth park and the thin red line were awful.

But bend it like beckham was horrifically bad.

Pigface
    Free Member

Jesus I agree with mikenewsmith on something Jupiter Ascending was desperate.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Shawshank Redemption. Thick people think it’s high art, it’s not gloopy,sanitised spoonfed shite.

jimjam
    Free Member

deluded – Member

I want to say Rawhead Rex, but that was so incredibly shite that it fell off the bottom of the scale to reappear at the top under genius.

You see, you clearly didn’t see it when you were 10 or 12 and living in rural Ireland……It scared the bejeeezus out of me 😀

There was a country lane I used to travel to my mates house, on top of a hill a few miles between his house and mine there was a large ogham stone in the middle of a field. I always used to find myself cycling past it around sunset and after watching that bloody film all I could think for years was “I’m gonna get eaten by Rawhead Rex” 😳

nickc

Listing (at best ‘B’ movies) is a bit unfair, they’re hampered with lack of budget, lack of a decent script, bad actors, the result is always going to be a bit British Leyland.

The truly awful films are the ones we’re everything is stacked in their favour, Money, studio, etc etc.

With that in mind I’d suggest anything by Michael Bay, Showgirls, John Carter of Mars, Avatar.

geoffj

Boxing Helena

jimjam
    Free Member

nickc – Member

Listing (at best ‘B’ movies) is a bit unfair, they’re hampered with lack of budget, lack of a decent script, bad actors, the result is always going to be a bit British Leyland.

The truly awful films are the ones we’re everything is stacked in their favour, Money, studio, etc etc.

With that in mind I’d suggest anything by Michael Bay, Showgirls, John Carter of Mars, Avatar.

Yep. 100% agree. Furthermore a genre film, say Dog Soldiers or The Descent, or whatever is going to be more concerned with horror/atmosphere/gore/effects than they will continuity, realism etc.

I’m sure Neil Marshall was more concerned spending his £2million pound budget on creature effects and action sequences than hiring a military advisor etc etc. Also, it’s a genre film.

beanum

Someone mentioned Titanic, reminded me of this… 😆

trademark
    Free Member

The Blair Witch Project.
    90 minutes of brats, running through the woods, screaming at every snapping twig.
    I was annoyed with my friend that coaxed me into watching this ‘really cool film’. His words.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I watched Left Behind this weekend with Nic Cage.

It was beyond awful. The glue holding his wig on must be affecting his judgement.

nickc

Have we done Big Bang Theory killing Indiana Jones? 😀

jimmy

Date Movie. I don’t know what I expected, I was with the (ex) girlfriend bit even so, we both walked out after 10 minutes. Maybe it got good after that…

johnners
    Free Member

Moonrise Kingdom. Bruce Willis has been in some tosh but he’s seldom looked so uncomfortable.

Metacritic score of 84, plus I really like some of films others have listed as “worst ever” so it’s just possible I’m not the best judge.

epicyclo

From the list so far it is obvious none of you have watched “Silverado”

Agree with jimjam about Dog Soldiers – it’s good as far as these types of films go – besides, it’s recommended viewing if you’re training for the ‘Puffer. (It’s worth 5 minutes per lap) 🙂

Stainypants

+1 for Jupiter Acending worse film I’ve seen recently. Batman and Robin is dreadful and I only stayed in the cinema as I thought my friends wanted to watch it. It turned out we all hated it. My kids love it though.

nickc

Foe maximum disappointment Phantom Menace is/was hard to beat, I remember sitting the cinema with similarly aged folk wanting their childhoods to be re-visited, enhanced…. then Jar Jar Binks rocks up…

Recently watched Ted2 it was pretty terrible

williamnot
    Free Member

Unbreakable. it should have been called unwatchable

oldnpastit

Surely Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull deserves a mention? Endless pointless CGI effects, awful acting, just utter rubbish. What was Harrison Ford thinking of?

jon1973
    Free Member

Full English Breakfast (it’s on Netflix – worth a watch just to see how badly a film can be made, both on story, production quality and sound).

BigDummy
    Free Member

There are a hell of a lot of things that go from “alright” to “worst film ever” depending on your mood or expectations. Almost everything in this list that I’ve actually seen is filed under “alright”…

Avatar – cutest girl I’d ever kissed kept stroking my knob – film was OK
    Crash – alone in cinema during all the weird sex – film made lasting impression
    Jurassic World – shot and a brew beforehand – film was OK
    Ted 2 – shot and a brew beforehand – film was OK
    Burn After Reading – How is George Clooney’s home-made sex-chair not funny?
    Jackie Brown – The Delphonics are fantastic.
    FnF Tokyo Drift – Always seem to see this on telly after I’ve had a drunk-**** and require distraction – it’s OK
    Thin Red Line – requires much editing, but has much beauty – possibly drunk at the time
    Titanic – sure, we love to hate it, but it was quite something. Also: Boobs.
    The Blair Witch Project – watched this at midnight, cycled home for 30 minutes, got in, turned light on, fuse blew. Quite alarming.

And loads of other things (Transformers, I’m looking at you…) would be entirely tolerable if they got the length down closer to 90 minutes.

🙂

stevego
    Free Member

In recent times it would be ‘Elena’. A genuinely miserable Russian movie about very miserable Russians. My wife likes miserable foreign movies but even she found it a bit much. Not really my cup of tea. I think watching it more than once would raise the level of alcoholism to high levels.

martinhutch

I thought Burn After Reading was great!

I don’t think you can compute true film hell until you’ve had kids, though.

G-Force – something involving CGI gerbils, was the absolute nadir. Also hated the Lego Movie, but that’s probably an unpopular opinion.

In terms of grown-up films, Truly Madly Deeply is the benchmark for over-acted, dreary British comedy that everyone else loved. I managed about an hour before I walked out.

Phantom Menace certainly gets an honourable mention. A deeply troubling experience.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 375 total)

The topic ‘worst film ever …….’ is closed to new replies.