Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Worst Earworm Ever?
  • darkplunger
    Free Member

A question for the collective. What is the one one song that you hear once and sing for days, as it eats away at your brain?
    Mine is”loving you” by Minnie Riperton. I only have to hear that chorus and it will destroy my waking hours for a week. I’ve been caught numerous time trying to hit the high notes. Let me know that I’m not alone. Do others suffer a similar ridiculous agony?

bikeneil
    Free Member

Do others suffer a similar ridiculous agony?

Only when people select the wrong forum…

wordnumb
    Free Member

Nope. The trick is to overwrite the unwelcome earworm with a preferable, more catchy tune.

chakaping
    Free Member

Jive talking by the bee gees is pretty bad for this.

I didn’t realise until someone else posted it on Facebook.

So don’t blame me.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

This one… So bad it’s good! (kinda) Michael Jackson

martinhutch

It’s this one for me:

I also had a terrible week recently with ‘Call Me Maybe’ by Carly Rae Jepson playing on a loop in my head.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Loving you is easier now a know its true do dun do dun dun do ah ah ah ah.

Ha ha got ya.

Do you know the way to San Hose la la la la, I got a lot of friends in San Hose la la la la la la.

Used to walk around the office doing stuff like that ^ just to see how many colleagues I could infect.

All together now… Like pebbles on a beach kicked around displaced by feet….

dirtydog
    Free Member

Apologies its San Jose.

Defender
    Free Member

Mine is”loving you” by Minnie Riperton. I only have to hear that chorus and it will destroy my waking hours for a week. I’ve been caught numerous time trying to hit the high notes.

When I hear that song, I can’t help but think of the Baron Knights version, with the guy in the background introducing each bird song in turn, listen to it and it’ll ruin the original for you perminently!

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I really think I’ve got some sorta mental issue going on… Song’s get stuck in my head, sometimes for months on end. Any of my old flatmates will confirm the year they spent listening to me recite ‘Ba ba black sheep’ petty much constantly. Is this an actual condition?

chestrockwell

Mike Oldfield – In Dulci Jubilo, the end.

Coming round to that time of year again too.

scaredypants

I get songs in my head quite a lot when road riding – presumably because there’s less to think about

Often something ded cheesy of which I only know about 3 lines

2 choices in that situation: repeat those 3 lines until I become a homicidal maniac or make up some obscene version of the remainder. It’s like being back at school – great fun

last one I can remember was after riding past a taxi run by “checker cars”
    oh yeah – Checker cars everybody; everybody, checker cars
    That’s all I’ve got and that was a 90 minute ride 😐

garage-dweller

For me it used to be Kate Nash

Sucking so many lemons because you are so bittaaaaaah….

Since children

Chuggington or

They’re two they’re four they’re six they’re eight
    Shunting trucks or hauling freight

hatter

Thanks for Fatherhood I usually have a succession of offensively chirpy kids TV themes rattling round my head, the one from ‘Messy goes to Okido’ is particularly virulent.

Fortuately today I’ve been mainly humming the ‘Cuban Pete’ song.. much better, though the missus might disagree on that front.

[video]https://youtu.be/GJej6kCgxVM[/video]

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone else play this game in the office? Whistle something craps all morning, and see who’s humming it by the afternoon?

Or, what’s the shortest thing you can ear worm someone with? I believe “the great escape” wins as it only takes two notes.

northernmatt

Agree with hatter, Messy goes to Okido is stupidly catchy. Also, if you have Netflix have a butchers at Bo On the Go, that’ll stay with you for weeks.

Currently going round in my head is Half the World Away, heard a snippet of the plinky plonk advert version then somehow managed to only listen to a bit of the proper version and now it won’t go away!

Kunstler

I get the wrong sounds stuck in my head when I try to tune in to them. I mean I think I can hear the sound of something and I’m straining to pick it out and make sure but it’s actually something other that what I’m imagining.

A few years ago at Carnmore in the NW Highlands there was a rescue chopper that looked like it was doing a training exercise scanning the many crags in the area. It flew close to the mountains around the loch, passed over the bothy where I was and then buzzed off. For the rest of day I could hear it coming back but it never did. I think it was just the distant sound of tumbling water down the mountainside’s many burns. My mind was tuning into a chopper sound. That kind of makes sense as it’s quite an alien noise and it initially had me wondering if there was an emergency. Which is quite logical. What wasn’t logical was later that day (and recurringly over subsequent days) imagining I was hearing an ice cream van. I was about as far from a road as you can get in mainland Scotland.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Worst Earworm Ever?’ is closed to new replies.