Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Worst bike item of 2014.
  • nosedive
    Free Member

topeak quickclip saddle bag. total time on the bike was 15 minutes before i landed a drop off a bit heavy and the clip broke. still….at least i only wasted £12 on shit bike things this year (though there is still a couple of weeks to go……)

nosedive
    Free Member

@pictonroad. had the same problem with lezyyne pump with the hose. so i bought the version that presses on. that version snaps the valve stem off if you get a bit clumsy. grrrrrr

boltonjon

2.75″ x 26 Surley Dirt Wizard tyres

Very hard rubber – even at 25psi the lack of traction was scary

Rubber compound just too hard

Avoid

mlke
    Free Member

Easy winner – any of the numerous eBay /Amazon sold chinese night riding lights with their exploding chargers, nil battery life and dodgy connections

vorlich
    Free Member

Assorted SRAM drivetrain shite.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Fizik Blink rear light – clips into the clip on the back of the saddles.

They break. All of them. I think they can’t stand the vibration of a road bike

Nipper99
    Free Member

CX lefty

quantockspaul
    Free Member

XTR M980 pedals. The axles keep snapping – they’re so thin at the end it’s hardly surprising. I would class my self as a fairly light rider but still managed to break 3 of the 4 (2 sets) within 12 months. Both sets were warranty replaced but the second set I replaced with XT.

stewartc
    Free Member

MET Parachute, poor build quality, never felt comfortable wearing it and then realized I may as well just buy a proper full face which ended up being one of my better buys of 2014, a Giro Cypher.
    I’m happier with two helmets, a full face for those downhill days and a IXS Trail for all the other stuff, something that tries to be two things at once will never pull either off successfully*.

*opinions may vary.

Free Member

SRAM drivetrains. Cheap, poorly mate and massively unreliable.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i bought a new bike in 2014! – the bike is great, but it came with Avid elixir brakes.

utter, utter shit.

before i’d even ridden it the calipers had seized, and the levers were leaking.

the bike also came with non-german continental tyres (mountain king?), they were terrifying, and are now land-fill.

gallowayboy

@pictonroad

My Lezyne pump did the same, drove me mad BUT – a bit of oil on the thread solved the problem

egb81
    Free Member

Cheap Chinese lights. Of the last four night rides I’ve been out on, three have had other rider’s Chinese retina scorchers fail, meaning I have to give up my bar mounted Exposure light so they can carry on the ride. Buy cheap, buy twice!

oliverracing

Buy cheap, buy twice!

exactly what I did – one on the bars and one on the helmet – perfect 😉

SRAM road shifters for me, double tap is a terrible terrible idea, also seems to fail for no reason after less than a year of use!

Northwind

egb81 – Member

Buy cheap, buy twice!

I did thanks! Bought 2 magicshines, 3 years ago, still going strong.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

pictonroad – Member
    Lezyne pump. Unscrews the valve core every time.

Complained to the shop, was SOLD another adaptor, metal into plastic thread stripped in one use.

overpriced shiny crap

POSTED 17 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Ahh its not just me!!! My mate was pissing himself when i managed to completly deflate both my tyres while attempting to give them a small top up, that is until i reminded him he had sold it to me then he shut up p quick! 😛

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Got a pair of Gore bike wear gloves hoping ot would mean dry, warm hands. They are fine for about an hour but after that awful – my fingers feel as if they are swimmng in water and when i take the gloves off if and turn them upside down the water runs out. Cost about £50 but much, much worse than cheap aldi gloves i got about 5 years ago.

TiRed

Altura Ergofit Race Cape. Taped seams but the liner parted company with the outer and it leaked on its third proper wet ride. Replaced with an inferior Castelli without taped seams.

rickon
    Free Member

Thought of another one!

Met Parrabellum. What the actual ****?

Painful, really poor feeling construction, and the visor was completely wonky.

My Met Kaos UL was and is a brilliant XC lid, and have no idea what happend with the parrabellum.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Worst bike item of 2014.’ is closed to new replies.