Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • worried, will i get the blame ?? (new job content)
  • bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Right bit of a pickle, i went for my induction and contract,uniform etc on thursday for my new job due to start tomorrow, very professional and iv even got my menu for xmas meal very fancy!!! Anyway, i was told i would be contacted told what time to be picked up where to meet etc but, i sti havent heard anything yet, i rang yesterday and got told the engineer has my details and will contact you letting you know what time etc, well do i get up at 6am anf ring office see what the crack is or just show up at office (will be working away so is this best?) Will i get in dodo if im late or miss the weeks work? Or will my mentor get in shit for not organising my pick up etc??? Just worried they aint rang yet???

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

No phone call = a days riding in my book. 😀

That said I have never really done anything with my life. 😳

footflaps

He’ll probably just turn up at your house, so be ready!

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Theyre a professional outfit, not a 1man band or 3 lads with a unit, im a bit surprised tbh although the office staff said the contract manager “forgets” from time to time, although the lad could have bin on the lash last night and could ring/text later, although id of thought hed of text today or this morn and cant find an out of hours number for them??

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Yes but what time footflaps?? If were away for the week its normally a 330am pick up but if its a office stop for materials its 8am ????

Lifer
    Free Member

Up early, ring them first thing, leave a message if possible.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I’d ring again and explain that you need a rough idea of what time to expect your pickup. This is basic comms mate.. if the engineer is too retarded to give you a roundabout time i’d say it’d be up to you to eek out the information that you clearly need.

basic stuff this really?

footflaps

I suspect its just a basic cock up, engineer has written number down incorrectly or left a message on someone else’s mobile or just forgotten to call you.

Company may be professional, but doesn’t mean every is on the ball 100% of the time.

Not that you need this sort of confusion for your first day on a new job!

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Iv eeked out what i could when i last rang and that was it, hel be in touch what time etc hes called “jack” hel ring you over weekend, so i have already rang, but i cant ring on sunday as offices are closed :/ i suppose its just wake up at 5am and wait, if no pick up ring office and i may be graced with another week off lol

footflaps

I suspect you’ll get a call shortly…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

still 2 or 3 hours where your at for it to be acceptable to ring

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Really?? I didnt know there was an acceptable time to still ring?? I would have thought hed have rung in the day tbh, but like above could just be a honest mistake, knew it wouldent be plain sailing straight away lol, so so far just get up early and ring in if a no show, id go office but have all my tools and away bag with me so would be a treck lol

trail_rat
    Free Member

you would think so. Id assume at somepoint in the early evening it stops being weekend and he thinks about monday morning work – where he has to be what he needs to take – especially if he works away.

About that time he will remember oh shit – the new guy and give you a call ….

thats just my thoughts mind you.

highclimber
    Free Member

I’d be sending an email tonght for confirmation and your mobile/home number. that way you’ve got a record that you tried to sort it out so no one can say it was your fault.

crispo
    Free Member

Do you have his mobile number to ring?

Best you can do is ring and leave a voicemail with him so he knows you are making the effort to find out the craic before your first day at work.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

No mobile number, no email av as they have all personal ones they dont give out that are internal to the company, looks like an early nite then with gear at the ready.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Sounds like a very professional outfit. 🙄

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Thats just it they actually are, they dont advertise as they dont have too, theyve bin going 27years and have over 60 staff, its the most professional interview ive had, best contract and iv even done two courses with them and i havent started work yet, im just thinking if he has missed a number or something simple,

crispo
    Free Member

Just out of interest what kind of work is it you do?

You mentioned that you were reporting to an engineer and as you talk about tools I guess its some kind of civils outfit? After a few years working in the industry I find it hard to believe they won’t do mobile numbers and emails to othe staff.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Its mechanical engineering/commercial plumbing, i didnt ask for the lads number as they were still deciding who to put me with, the emails are internal, they have 3 landlines and a fax number, they dont have contact numbers on vans just the company logo, just think its strange thats all, i should have asked for the mobile num of the lad who id be with tbh but i was just excited i think and overlooked some questions, im just going to get up as normal and ring office.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Well just had a phone call now of a very enthusiastic lad (too enthusiastic for 7am)apologising for not ringing me as he wrote my number down wrong, asked what id like from mac ds as a brekkie on him, : ) not bad in my book!!!

weeksy

what did you get ?

:O)

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Mickey D’s for breakfast?

Sounds like grounds for constructive dismissal.

trail_rat
    Free Member

jobs a goodun (geddit ;))

good luck in the new job !

Ive just had good news too (for me…not for my work) …. im getting kicked out of turkmenistan by the government for 5 days on november 16th before i can have a new LOI, they denyed an extension. So my boss has to find someone to replace me.

I just followed orders , who knew that by coming down when i did my visa expiration date was exactly that of the 5 days holiday i had booked for the track world champs.

(I didnt look at the calander when the flights were booked and say woo and indeed hoo … no siree)

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I got a double sausage n egg meal with a bagel just to rub salt into the wound : ) completed my first week and to be honest, i cnt call it “work” its just a load of lads having a laugh, great team, good contracts very very happy now!!

wwaswas

🙂

footflaps

Congrats!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘worried, will i get the blame ?? (new job content)’ is closed to new replies.