Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Worn stanchion and water in fork legs – are my Pace forks beyond repair?
  • fraseruk
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve got a set of Pace RC39 forks on my bike, but after a wet ride from Blair Atholl to Aviemore where they basically stopped working, the right stanchion is worn through th gold goating to the metal and I’ve just dismantled them to find the bushings have some rust on them and water in the bottom of the legs.

Anyone know if this sounds recoverable? Is it worth spending the £70-odd on a service or is that going to be money down the drain.

johnnyc

I’m not too sure you would be able to get away with just a service, as it sounds like you’ll also need to replace the crown/steerer/upper at a minimum, which won’t be cheap. Might be worth posting some pictures up of the damage.

uplink
    Free Member

Give Tim at Fork English a call – 07879051461, 01751 476 815

He’s an ex Pace employee and really knows his stuff – he’ll give you an honest appraisal

showerman
    Free Member

always wanted to give fork english a go tried contacting them over a 3 week period leaving messages never got back finaly gave in gave pace a call, ok paid a little more but a least they ans the phone repaired and sent back within a week, would be nice if the forks where more up to the job like my rockshox

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Worn stanchion and water in fork legs – are my Pace forks beyond repair?’ is closed to new replies.