• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Del.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Worming pets
  • z1ppy

Can you get decent quality worming meds over the internet for pets (cats specifically) or is it the case of flea’s, you can only get the ‘good stuff’ from the vets.
    Vets won’t issue them without a visit.. to do what, in the case of worms? (been wormed previously but I forget what the ‘brand’ was)

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Try Amazon

z1ppy

.. yes but are the effective wormers? (lots of places advertising worming stuff) In the case of flea treatment, it was the case all you could buy ‘over the counter’ was crap

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Not true with cat fleas in my experience – only thing you have to watch is they can build up immunity if you use the same treatment time after time – we found that switching between the well known brands was more effective – but all over the counter

Drac

Petmeds do Drontal which is the same stuff as the vets.

z1ppy

Flea thing.. very true ime, especially sprays to de-flea you house but not bought any lately, so may have changed.
    Cheers Drac, saw Drontal advertised and pretty sure that what the vet use.. will give it a go

project
    Free Member

pets at home sell oads of cat meds, also try anninmed they do mail order

Del

vetsuk.co.uk do drontal and a bunch of other stuff too.
    i don’t buy the ‘only over the counter is any good’ line WRT fleas, in fact i’ve only flea treated my dog once or twice this summer, as she’s just not picking them up. she gets brushed pretty regularly, so if i spot any passengers she gets a dose, and her bedding gets washed and all that. this strategy has been working fine for a few years. only thing that makes me inclined to treat her more is her picking up ticks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Worming pets’ is closed to new replies.