Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Wormholes..What bike kit have you lost in your own house?
  • Dancake
    Free Member

I have lost a tyre. Its gone. There were two and now there is one

how the hell do you loose a tyre??
    Its gone with all the tyre levers and, presumably, the chain splitter that migrated last week.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Usually gloves.

kevj
    Free Member

Replacement headset bearings for a fsa orbit z 1.5. Thing is, they only arrived that morning in the post. Still in the box!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve lost loads of stuff in my house, must have too much crap. recently I can’t find for love nor money my Oakley Radar antifreeze glasses, they’re bright bloody green FFS!

bcjames
    Free Member

I’ve been hunting for my gloves for tomorrows ride, nowhere to be found! Probably going to be a trip to the bike shop first thing if they don’t show up soon!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

summer gloves. I distinctly remember thinking last November when it snowed “won’t need these again for a while” and put them away somewhere safe.

Can i find them?

Militant_biker

I lost the wee bolt from a DMR chain tensioner. Had opened the packet, realised that the chain tension was perfect, so never used it. Then when the chain stretched and I needed it, missing bolt 🙁

But never something as big as a tyre – your abode must be really tidy… 🙄 😀

sweepy
    Free Member

My favourite shorts, they must be in the house, i’d remember if i’d come home without them.

coatesy
    Free Member

Tools, usually screwdrivers and allen keys. I appear to have two worm-holes though, one ends in my dad’s shed, the other in his living room.

stucol
    Free Member

A pair of Time ATAC pedals. With Cleats and bolts all safely tied inside a freezer bag.

Were in the hut, not there now. Searched everywhere.

Have a niggling feeling they may have fallen in the hut bin and been later dumped in the wheelie bin.

Very annoying as the set on the bike are now wearing out.

midlifecrashes

Giro Xen, haven’t seen it for three years.

nicko74

The case for my Topeak Alien multitool. I have turned the house upside down and cannot find it. No freakin idea where it’s gone – it’s not crucial, but it’s driving me nuts

igm

Thomson seat post. Although I may have miscounted the number of bikes and it’s actually in use.

Harry_the_Spider

The peak off my helmet.

stuey
    Free Member

new ‘Pimpy’ saddle, matching new seat post and…. gloves.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Gloves, end of chain tool

kimbers

i lost a dmr pedal for about 6 months forced me to buy some superstar ones which were sooo much better, so it was a good thing

incidentally the missing pedal rematerialised in the shed last weekend, not sure if it was some sort of temporal displacement or a spatial, possibly extra-dimensional event

Northwind

Half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, and an infinite number of 5mm allen keys.

Joe

I moved house recently as was renunited with all these things. I feel wonderful at the moment. For the first time in about ten years nothing at all is marked as *lost*.

sambob
    Free Member

5mm allen keys. Had 3 sets of allen keys, now have no 5mm allen keys anywhere. Lost a pair of gloves on the isle of Eigg, found them a year to the day later 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

superstar SS doofer

michaelmcc
    Free Member

When i converted my hardtail to singlespeed i put all the shifters, chainrings etc in a bag. A while later i wanted to go back to gears and I’m convinced now the bag dissappeared off into this black-hole with everyone elses parts 😆 .

stevenc
    Free Member

Would love to find a way into the black hole. Think of all the lovely parts you’d get!!

frank4short
    Free Member

As a number of folks above 5mm allen keys, **** loads of them. I always said if I became rich I’d set up a bicycle tools company & sell allen key sets with 2 5mm allen keys per set.

Also currently missing a CO2 inflator which has never been used, numerous park tool spoke keys, several chain tools and a whole host of other stuff. As has been said above mostly tools. If I were a more suspicious person i’d possibly be blaming my mates on the missing tools more so then the “wormhole”.

ben
    Free Member

Another vote for 5mm Allen keys, is there a wee beasty that eats them maybe?

Joe – Member

I moved house recently as was renunited with all these things. I feel wonderful at the moment. For the first time in about ten years nothing at all is marked as *lost*.

I emigrated recently. I was looking forward to finally being reunited with some race blades that I’d bought for the road bike and had to be in the house somewhere, as I brought them straight home after purchasing. Not a sign of them, definitely in the wormhole.

atlaz
    Free Member

Missing a CO2 pouch with some tools in it. Left it on the futon in the spare room and it’s gone. No problem I think but it turns out that I also have a wormhole in the shed as my pump is gone too.

fadass
    Free Member

A red and white Specialized helmet – last year. No idea where the hell it went, was in the cupboard under the stairs then it wasn’t! Searched the house for it but no joy…..i suspect the kids had something to do with it playing with it and it was thrown away with some of their junk…….. 🙄

richmars

What do I loose?
    Time, just gets sucked into that wormhole, never to be seen again.

timmys

I know I out the little baggie of spare pins for my pedals somewhere safe….

molgrips
    Free Member

I lost a mini topeak multi-tool in my garage about 3 years ago. Understandable though really, it’s such a sh*tpit that I worry for my daughter when she steps inside – she might be lost and never found again.

More annoyingly I’ve recently lost the fabric bag for my Oakley Jawbones. Fairly common, but the manner of loss was annoying. I was going to put it in my rucksack to take to work, but I didn’t want the abovementioned daughter to play with it so I put it *somewhere safe* for just 2 mins whilst I put my shoes and gloves on. 2 months later I still can’t find it despite a full house clean.

All I did was put it on top of something slightly higher up out of her reach. I clearly remember thinking ‘ah yes, that’s a good place to put it’ but… argh…

Hmm.. I wonder if it’s on top of that cabinet in the small toilet.. hmm…

thomthumb
    Free Member

1 pair of arm warmers.

a water proof.

& a pair of shorts.

I reckon that the wormhole is in my washing machine!

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder if these wormholes come out in other people’s houses or garages?

What about the objects you’ve FOUND but have no recollection of buying?

julianwilson
    Free Member

I lost my torque wrench and found it a year later 😀

I lost my original Gerber Cool Tool and never found it 🙁

29erKeith
    Free Member

I lost a Garmin 305, turned the house garage and car upside down
    oh and my mates flat where we often run from too

waited for over a month for it to reappear, not joy 🙁

so bought another one, then guess what?!?!?
    1 week later found it in a place both me and my wife both swear we searched and made no sense 👿

flogged the new one to a mate though so not too bad, bloody annoying though at the time

lost my favourite pair of running shorts after a race no idea where they could have gone

oh and QR skewer from a rear wheel, bought a new one, still not appeared in the man cave for over a year now

rugbydick

I found a windproof gillet last night under the chest of drawers in the bedroom.

I thought I’d checked there twice too.

I’m going to monitor the drawers tonight to see if anyone else’s lost property appears…

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

“Fridge-Suck”

Militant_biker

I’ve also misplaced riding kit. It’s usually in a bag, dirty and in a corner of the bikes area, or fallen somewhere out of sight in the car. Always a pleasure finding those

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member
    DaRC_L

My wife calls it “bloke searching” when she’s being polite.
    I think she has an unconscious power over the wormholes.

The cat has a wormhole she hides in when she’s disgraced herself on the stairs…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I lost some hope shorts and a nice waterproof jacket.

Not bike kit but a worm hole got me about 6 weeks ago. Moving house, open cardboard box in bedroom, put DVD player in, put DVDs ontop’, close box, seal with tape, mark on it DVD bedroom, drive with box to new house. Open box, take DVDs out, notice no DVD player in box. 6 weeks later it didn’t turn up and I’m telling people on a cycling forum.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Wormholes..What bike kit have you lost in your own house?’ is closed to new replies.