Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wormholes in the space/time continuum
  • andyg
    Free Member

I though I’d give my V12 pedals a regrease. It’s a nice day so I thought I’d do it in the garden. Took the bearing out, dropped it now I can’t find it. I’ve spent the last 2 hours on my hands and knees with a magnet trying to find the thing. The back yard is now spotless sifting through the detritus.
    Of course the local bearing stockist is shut at the weekend and all the bike shops don’t stock them.
    When things have turned up months later I often find them way out of the area I was working. I’m convinced theres something going on here. One day someone will document this behaviour and unlock the key to the Universe or something.

mangoridebike

it will be under the fridge

sslowpace
    Free Member

It’s under the fridge….

bruneep

its in the fridge

Onzadog
    Free Member

yep, fridge. Ask Mint Sauce about “fridge suck”.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

there is no fridge.

stuey
    Free Member

Don’t under estimate the power of fridge suck.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

thought about Magpies? or pixies?

Keva
    Free Member

I know for a fact that there is half of an Sram power link and a chain ring bolt in my garden although I have never seen them since they fell through my fingers last year.

Kev

andyg
    Free Member

I found it! Somehow the bearing had flown through the air or bounced and landed in the toolbox 10ft away in the shed. Although it didn’t just land in the toolbox but landed inside the shimano cassette removal tool – the hole isn’t much bigger than the bearing. Odds on that happening? Bike parts showing tendencies to flock together?

mangoridebike

the clustering tendencies of bike parts did crop in an appendix of A Brief History of Time, although many of the abridged versions did not include this appendix.

I believe Stephen Hawking attributed it to the inverse relationship between the cost/hassle of replacing an item and the ability to find it when lost.

qwerty
    Free Member

incorrect alignment of your karma paralell to that universe as it landed in a cassette, not the pedal tools

metal_leg
    Free Member

Its well know that the best way to find a lost bike part is to buy a new one. Ten minutes after getting said new part home, fridge suck reverses and the part appears in the middle of the kitchen floor.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wormholes in the space/time continuum’ is closed to new replies.