Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Worlidays anyone?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14526949
    I like the sound of this.
    Do you take work on holiday or prefer a clean break?

Cougar

Quite the opposite or me.

I’m increasingly forcing myself to leave not just work behind, but the Internet and mobiles and connected life in general. Otherwise it’s not a holiday, it’s just the same shit with better scenery.

yunki
    Free Member

Surely they should be called Woridays..?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“Worlidays” just isn’t working for me…

Thankfully, I rarely go on holidays in the middle of jobs – so I can pretty much forget about work when I go and start thinking about it when I come back. Occasionally, I get the odd e-mail or call about work when I’m away – doesn’t bother me too much tbh – it’s called being self-employed. Some of my desk jockey friends get 100+ emails a day about work – I’m stressed if I have to answer more than one or two 🙂

willard

Cougar,

You need to go where I was last week… 1000 feet up a fell in sight of Scafell Pike. No phone signal nearby, just lots of hills, trails and lovely views.

Stoner
    Free Member

since Im self employed and can work from anywhere anyway (all my work is computer based), most days are Worlidays. And when we do go on “holiday” it’s for a month or so, during which I’ll work if I need to for a few hours a day, usually in the evenings when the kids are tucked in, but if the phone goes during the day I can usually deal with it there and then. Only very rarely do I need to fly back to the UK before heading back out again to rejoin the family.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d love to be able to take all of August of as half days, it’d be ace!

I suspect it’s good for business too as you dont spend the first half week back refershing your memory with the stuff you were doing before you left, reading meeting minutes and answering e-mails. You’d not forget in the first place, attend meetings remotely and keep uptodate with correspondance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Worlidays anyone?’ is closed to new replies.