Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Worlds on Chromecast
  • blazo
    Free Member

Been trying to watch the world champs on the redbull app via Chromecast, but it won’t cast.

Wondering if just a temporary problem or some stupid UCI licence restriction.

Want to get it sorted for the DHI tomorrow.

benpinnick

I always watch it via chromecast – I hope they haven’t restricted that option as they sold rights to others…

flyingmonkeycorps

Hmm, same for me. Other stuff casts ok.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s geo restricted so you need bbc red button to work, casting I player should work.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Thats annoying. It looks like its going to work, but never starts. Fortunately most tv’s have the redbull app. My firestick works also.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Pleased this came up before I was sat on the sofa at 4am with a beer in my hand. Chromecast from the Redbull app isn’t working for me and I have no idea where I’d find it in iPlayer. Happily all appears to work fine in the Redbull app on my apple TV.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

03:55-04:45, Mountain Bike World Championships, women’s elite race, BBC Red Button, Connected TV and online (repeated 09:20-10:10, BBC Red Button)

04:55-07:55, Mountain Bike World Championships, men’s elite race, BBC Red Button, Connected TV and online (repeated 10:10-13:10, BBC Red Button

blazo
    Free Member

Glad it’s on the red button! I don’t have a smart TV or any other device. Usually casting from chrome on my pc solves issues like this, but not in this case.

Was worried it would be like 2015, where if you missed it live there was absolutely no way of watching again.

DezB
    Free Member

Was chromecasting Redbull TV app off my iphone earlier today, no problem.

blazo
    Free Member

Yep but try casting the world champs.

Ended up watching the secret coverage on the BBC red button. It didn’t say on the website it was being shown, and even when you pressed the button it came up as “sports video”.

They’ll say little interest so won’t be on next year.

ajantom

Seems to be casting fine from my iPhone right now.

simondbarnes

Ended up watching the secret coverage on the BBC red button. It didn’t say on the website it was being shown, and even when you pressed the button it came up as “sports video”.

They’ll say little interest so won’t be on next year.

Secret?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/41151447

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Worlds on Chromecast’ is closed to new replies.