Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • World's most expensive toys…
  • PrinceJohn

Anyone else watching this? Mind boggling….

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m just getting the kids coffee tampers.

letmetalktomark

^^^ 🙂

Yup, pi$$ already starting to boil ….. 😈

scotroutes

Damn you!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any power kites?

Jamie
    Free Member

I am aware this sounds bitter, but I hope some of the country’s finest cat burglars are watching this.

aracer
    Free Member

I want it

PrinceJohn

Was OK until the kids turned up… sickening…

scotroutes

I think you misunderstood the bit about having a toy Jaguar.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is thier a Rubber Chicken in there somewhere ?

Jamie
    Free Member

I think you misunderstood the bit about having a toy Jaguar.

When I posted we were on you houses with real marble floors.

Obviously for the Jag I’d want another type of skilled tradesmen to be watching.

tomhoward

I’m flummoxed as to why a £100k rocking horse didn’t sell. Total mystery.

maccruiskeen

I hope he guy who makes the little sports cars has good product liability insurance – that thin windscreen edge sitting right across the face off the driver looks like a tragedy in the making.

PrinceJohn

I’m flummoxed as to why a £100k rocking horse didn’t sell. Total mystery.

I want to know how much they spent on it – they must of spent a fair chunk of money carting it about Europe only to fail selling it, their profit margin must’ve been rapidly shrinking.
    It did make me laugh when they asked people how much & a couple said 30k..

dufusdip
    Free Member

Might have sold if they’d covered its poo in crystals too…

ElShalimo

Jamie – Member
    Obviously for the Jag I’d want another type of skilled tradesmen to be watching.

There are naughty trophy hunting dentists that can help with that
    🙁

aracer
    Free Member

I want to know how much they spent on it – they must of spent a fair chunk of money carting it about Europe only to fail selling it, their profit margin must’ve been rapidly shrinking.

The whole concept seems completely mad – surely if you have £100k to spend on a rocking horse you get one commissioned exactly how you want. Or at least do a marketing exercise first to find out if anybody is likely to want to spend that much on a crystal covered rocking horse. In any case, once they were trying to flog it (dyswidt?) then they needed to take a leaf out of the car seller’s books and have it somewhere where some spoilt little girl might say “I want it”

tomhoward

To me they had their market wrong, if I was selling something as bling, vulgar, pointless and just a display of vast wealth, I wouldn’t be showing it in bathroom shoots or Monte Carlo, I’d be in the Emirates, Russia or China, as that’s where sheiks and oligarchs hang out.

fooman

At the start of the programme they said the rocking horse was a £12K item covered in 82,000 Swarovski Crystals – assuming they were big (6.4mm) and didn’t get a bulk discount they are 13p each so lets say £11K for the crystals & glue, total £23K. (plus the cost of carting it round and taking photographs) They also said the couple had borrowed money to make it.

It reminds me of Damien Hurst’s diamond skull that had a £50M price tag. Never sold (at least certainly not at the asking price) but used to generate publicity & interest in his other work.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I thought George Michael bought that skull

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Any power kites?

Nope, they are all in Africa.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d be in the Emirates, Russia or China, as that’s where sheiks and oligarchs hang out.

That’s not where they prefer to spend their money, however. Especially the latter two groups. Laundering is so much more palatable outside their home country.

Sorry, I mean, “spending”, not laundering. Of course…..

BigEaredBiker – Member
    Any power kites?
    Nope, they are all in Africa.

POSTED 9 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘World's most expensive toys…’ is closed to new replies.