Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • World's hardest MTB stage race
  • adsh
    Free Member

Thats that then 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am thinking 2015…

Alpha1653

@mtbmatt: I don’t think there’s any danger of taking Newgale from you anytime soon – I live at one end of the beach and work at the other so ride it a lot. I’m improving but I think you’re safe for the time being!

Edit: clearly I don’t actually live on the beach.

Diane
    Free Member

Oh wow! Proper smile inducing 😀

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Hi Matt

What what is like riding a 29er hard tail on that terrain? Did you ever wish you had a FS at any point?

Cheers

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Hi Matt

What what is like riding a 29er hard tail on that terrain? Did you ever wish you had a FS at any point?

Cheers

I think a good 29er is perfect for the event, although many people do use a FS.
    Personally I find a HT better for the amount of climbing and easier to carry when needed. But my priorities might be different to other people whose aims are to complete the race.

The Pivot LES is awesome downhill though. I used a 120mm fork and dropper seatpost. The relatively slack head angle and dropper make it really capable downhill.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Huge climbs/hike a bike/ awsum singletrack/ steep descents/ steps/Italian enthusiasm what more could anyone want.

A castle, and the chance to ride through it, and they had that too!!

Amazing looking event.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

amazing matt – fair play, i know from your posts/reading blog you are exceptionally fit/fast anyways but watching and reading the blog for the iron man is just mental, cant imagine how painful that amount of climbing is for so many days on end

looks like fun still but very very very hard work

hatone
    Free Member

Matt – have you done the Leadville 100? Riding for nearly 100 miles in 10,000ft + altitude surely has to be up there?

29erKeith
    Free Member

That’s made my todo list for sure
    Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed that

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘World's hardest MTB stage race’ is closed to new replies.