Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • World War Z – Going cheap in Tesco on DVD.
  • Harry_the_Spider

So after tonight’s “grown up dinner” (Carprese followed by asparagus risotto) me and the missus are watching a romantic zombie movie.

Drac

There’s a reason it’s cheap.

choppersquad
    Free Member

It’s pretty good IMO.
    Some proper jumpy/tense bits.

Gribs

If I’d never read the book it’s based on I might of thought it was an ok generic zombie film.

Daffy

Not a bad film, and certainly one of the best with zombies in it. The music (by Muse) is also superb.

JCL
    Free Member

Insanely bad film.

It’s basically an hour and a half of Brad Pitt surviving the most ridiculously life threatening situations possible.

28 Days Later is 10X the zombie film.

legend
    Free Member

It gains a point for the start being filmed in Glasgow…… that’s probably the highlight

Bregante

Its streaming at the moment on Now TV. I turned it off after 25 mins.

ben10
    Free Member

Needs to be it was crap lol

piemonster

Insanely bad film.

It’s basically an hour and a half of Brad Pitt surviving the most ridiculously life threatening situations possible.

I thought the same about Sandra Bollock in Gravity.

WWZ, it was ok. But I like a Zombie bloodbath, so it had a head start. Wouldn’t watch it again tbh.

Drac

Some half decent action bits in it and the idea of the fast zombies is good but overall it’s poor.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Well this may have saved me the cost of watching it on sky box office tonight. Is it really that bad?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll let you know in about 3 hours. Looking forward to it.

loddrik
    Free Member

I thought it was great. Looking forward to the next one.

martinhutch

I watched it last night on sky movies. Would have been upset if I’d paid for it on box office. Some good set pieces, but overall plot was a bit rubbish. Found myself fast forwarding quite a lot.

peterfile
    Free Member

I watched this again recently after harping on to mrs file for years about how good it was. It’s not 🙂

Perhaps The Walking Dead has changed my tolerance of zombie stuff, but it’s nowhere near as good as I remember.

Just watched Rec (spanish zombie movie) last night….it’s great!!!!

I wanted to hate World War Z before I’d ever watched it, but had to admit that it is pretty entertaining. Probably wouldn’t watch it again, but good saturday-evening-in viewing

Drac

28 Days Later is pretty good it’s different style of zombie flick.

28 Weeks later is awful and should have never been made.

REC is pretty good.

peterfile
    Free Member

What I found odd after watching 28 Days Later again Drac, was how low budget and rough around the edges it is. I don’t know why, but wherever I remember my favourite scenes in my head, they look nothing like how they were actually shot!

It was a great movie, was cutting edge at the time, I think maybe we’ve just had too many following the same path now which has tainted it for me. I’ll never forget walking home through Glasgow at 1am after having watched it at the cinema 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

I would happily watch it again. It isn’t that bad.

Drac

Yeah very low budget but that some how added to the ‘Realism’ of it. With that and it’s age it maybe hasn’t held up too well.

loddrik
    Free Member

28 Weeks later is awful and should have never been made

The scene where Robert Carlisle leaves his wife as she is being attacked and runs to the river with massive attack playing is utterly epic!!!

One of the best and most powerful scenes I have ever seen in a movie that has really stayed with me.

Drac

And that’s where it ends.

loddrik
    Free Member

Admittedly I can remember much after that. Though the scene where robert Carlisle is infected is another cracker.

loddrik
    Free Member

I seem to be immersed in zombies at the minute. Watched world war z for the second time yesterday. Am
    currently playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii and Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS, just bought Resident Evil Archives (remake of the original but with better graphics) and I’m literally watching the Walking Dead as I type this.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

If your into zombies, try reading the marvel zomnibus – expensive but fantastic, loved it. I tried telling the wife it was a graphic novel but she just looked at me pityingly, and muttered something about me being too old for comics.

RustySpanner

peterfile – Member

I watched this again recently after harping on to mrs file for years about how good it was. It’s not

I think it’s superb. 😀

peterfile – Member

What I found odd after watching 28 Days Later again Drac, was how low budget and rough around the edges it is. I don’t know why, but wherever I remember my favourite scenes in my head, they look nothing like how they were actually shot!

I thought that the down to earth production made it much more believable.
    And there’s not a bad performance in it.
    One of the best British horror films ever, imo.

loddrik – Member
    currently playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii

Brilliant, isn’t it? 🙂

colonelwax
    Free Member
    llama

What gets me is that civilisation has crumbled, the world is burning, they go to Wales, and IT LOOKS COMPLETELY NORMAL As in just like Wales looks without a zombie apocalypse.

Then they go and see Dr Who

Daffy

That’s because there is no civilisation in Wales, hence no change after the zombie apocalypse. 🙂

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Insanely bad film.

+1,000,000

Good Zombie films have something called blood & gore.

There is the slow suspenseful feeling of dread creeping up all the time, there is never a happy ending, no matter how fast you run you won’t escape…. & most of all…most of all, remember kids a decaying human corpse should not develop superhuman running & stamina their only interest should be the next meal…

wolfenstein
    Free Member

What’s with human obsession with zombie movies? Just cant figure out for the life of me..

WWZ zombie is in different league though, watched it in cinema.. I was in the edge of my seat the entire time.brilliant zombie movie…walking dead zombie are gay, even kids can kill it .

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I enjoyed it as a comedy really,

Good Zombie films have something called blood & gore.

Do they all? It just makes things dull if you know what you are getting.

I found it more of a Saturday night light hearted action film.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

Do I really have to be the first person to say that the film sucks and the book is a million times better. If you haven’t read it yet get ready to spend an entire day reading it and having watched the film already won’t spoil it for you.

shreck
    Free Member

It was a massive let down from the book.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It gains a point for the start being filmed in Glasgow…… that’s probably the highlight

**** me, I didn’t know it was a documentary!

Harry_the_Spider

Update.

We enjoyed it. That is all that matters to me.

grantway
    Free Member

Free on XBMC for what a friend tells me

gogg
    Free Member

It was OK, but if we’re talking “fast zombies” rather than classic shuffling “romero” zombies, then 28 days later smashes it out of the park. 28 WEAKS later (spelling deliberate) was weak, had potential, but just got too silly towards the end, although Paris falling at the end was a highlight.

Walking Dead is great. The whole reason Zombie films work (shuffling versions) is the inevitability that you will succumb as a result of their ever increasing numbers & the collapse of the support structures you have come to rely on, a conceptual metaphor for the growing global population and the struggle for increasingly scarce resources.

woody2000

If you fancy a zombie movie with a bit of a twist, then Warm Bodies is worth a watch. I quite liked WWZ, but it was all a bit predictable. Definitely more of a fan of the shuffling, brain hungry zombie genre myself 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘World War Z – Going cheap in Tesco on DVD.’ is closed to new replies.