Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • world track champs – spoilers within
  • scaredypants

I’ve only seen 5 minutes of this on TV

.. which was the last 10 laps of the women’s scratch race

**** ME ! Trott is a weapon

(apols if this has been done)

MoreCashThanDash

Still can’t believe she did that.

Gutted for the men’s pursuit team, take the lead with a lap to go and then lose it.

xyeti
    Free Member

I couldn’t beleive that either, What a rider,

edhornby

makes you realise how finely balanced the team pursuit is, 4 riders all on the ragged edge, just goes to show how good ed clancy is, they really need him to be firing on all cylinders to provide that big opener

how good is Laura Trott, not just fast but a great racing instinct

Klunk
    Free Member
    theotherjonv

Jeez….

almost like he had a motor or something 😉

Kryton57

Bloody hell!

windyg
    Free Member

Amazing how Dibben came from that far back to take that.
    Same with the 19yo old Italian who was losing time every lap in the mens individual and then just opened it up to win by 2secs +

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

What is this? an oval trail!

Is a Trott some kind of trebuchet?

theotherjonv

Jason Kenny!!!!

bigdaddy

What a ride that was!!!!!! Go Jason!!!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

That Aussie fella in the match sprint has an unnaturally long neck.

xyeti
    Free Member

And sauce bottle shoulders, looks like a fookin ferret 😯

colournoise

Trott is astonishing. Complete machine. Wouldn’t bet against her in the omnium either…

theotherjonv

Whatever went before just got trumped!

The boys are back in town.

Klunk
    Free Member

that chase down to regain the lap absolutely mental 🙂

senorj

That was ace.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

a great win

headfirst
    Free Member

Magic!

turbo1397
    Free Member

What a madison.. !

dave661350

WOW simply stunning bike racing

Si
    Free Member

Hard to not love that Madison whatever you ride!

xyeti
    Free Member

That was a monumental effort for the two of them, i didn’t see Cav go down, im not sure the cameras caught it? but i thought it was game over when he was staggering about, then the camera flipped to Wiggo who was actually laughing waiting for him to get back on……..

Thinking “This is too good to be true” i was expecting some kind of FAIL after gaining a lap, a Stewards enquiry at best, So i waited for the Medal ceremony just to make Sure.

Kahurangi

I missed the madison and the iPlayer programme sticks with BBC2 so has Tennis instead of the rest of the WC TC programme (SWITCH TO THE BLOOMIN RED BUTTON NOW).

Has anyone seen somewhere to get some highlights or a repeat?

AlexSimon

All the programmes are on iPlayer afaik.
    This is the Madison one for example:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b074mwqf/world-track-cycling-championships-2016-7-day-5

hjghg5
    Free Member

That. Was. Awesome. We were there Friday/Saturday/Sunday and it was just amazing – and what a finish. Absolutely fantastic.

Kahurangi

Yes. That’s what I was watching yesterday, but then it sticks with the BBC2 coverage so instead of the Madison, you get Tennis. I just hope they fix it so I can watch this evening!

AlexSimon

Well I just watched the whole of the Madison on that link.

franksinatra

I was lucky enough to be there on Sat and Sun.

Fascinating watching Laura Trott. Hardly ever warms up or warms down, barely talks in the pits area and just looks a bit mardy. Nothing to her, she is tiny. Then on a bike she just becomes this unstoppable racing machine. It is hard to see how she can produce that type of power.

The Madison was, by a country mile, the best sporting drama I have ever been lucky enough to witness live. The atmosphere was electric and the volume of the crown was stunning

I honestly think Track Cycling is the best spectator sport in the world (apart from Beach Volleyball, obvs)

hjghg5
    Free Member

Someone said that the GB team were doing most of their warm ups away from track centre (the exception being when Trott sat on the rollers during the sprint finals!). Which would explain why you didn’t see too much warming up, if true.

franksinatra

Jason Kenny spent an awful lot of time of the rollers facing the crowd, as did Callum Skinner. Cav and Wiggo used a turbo each in the tunnel area (I could just about see them) Laura Trott was sat down in the pit area most of the time. She obviously has her vomiting issue to contend with so I wondered if that restricted her warm-up/warm-down ability.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘world track champs – spoilers within’ is closed to new replies.