Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • World Road Race coverage – SPOILERS
  • bikerdan
    Free Member

Has just started on the Red Button. Great that the BBC are covering the whole thing, less great that it is 6 hours of Hugh Porter talking.

mdb
    Free Member

British Eurosport for me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we have “Spoiler” in the title, please?

Oh, and Cav isn’t wearing a Sky branded helmet if I’m not mistaken….! And, why isn’t he in his rainbow jersey? I’d have thought the world champion should do.

I think Millar is rather excellent on the commentary, as it happens.

paul4stones

Sounds like Porter is learning some stuff from Millar 🙂

paul4stones

“He’s got a lot of trademarks”

Think Millar might quietly rib Porter all day.

soobalias
    Free Member

so when the peleton all stop for a piss break and some snacks, why does tv commentary refuse to acknoledge it?

that break put on 3-4mins without even a hint of explanation

is it wrong for the pros to piss, or was it a mass run-out incase the drugs testers are round the corner?

soobalias
    Free Member

ok, might have been one of their ‘gaps’ in coverage that they are working on fixing…

crazy-legs

EuroSport HD here – I could happily listen to David Millar commentating but 6hrs of Hugh Porter is pushing things a bit…

so when the peleton all stop for a piss break and some snacks, why does tv commentary refuse to acknoledge it?

that break put on 3-4mins without even a hint of explanation

Eurosport mentioned it but then cut to an ad break just as they all stopped – it normally gets filed away under the euphemism of “comfort break” or “natural break” if they even mention it at all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what exactly do you want them to say about people stopping to wee at the side of the road?
    Why do you need commentary on that?

Good call CPT and ta mods – though i am watching it

Millar is good then again the bar is not set very high

MrSmith
    Free Member

I think the reason Cavendish is doing all the work on the front is because he wants to work on the paunch.

soobalias
    Free Member

there is as much to talk about regarding a mass stop, as there is theoretical ‘road captain’ talk…

i dont understand the need for silence. everyone needs to piss sometime, or is it like nakedness, a large part of the population thinks its disgusting and prefers to pretend its not part of life?

Whats the nicest bike on the road today, Peter Sagans Cannondale caught my eye.

soobalias
    Free Member

MrSmith, you are not the first person to notice the beer gut.

but like a peleton piss stop, we are pretending its not there

😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

And why does the GB kit have a white codpiece?
    Hey look at my lunchbox!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mr smith I think you may be having feelings about Cav given how much you notice him and his body 😉

crazy-legs

Oh, and Cav isn’t wearing a Sky branded helmet if I’m not mistaken….! And, why isn’t he in his rainbow jersey? I’d have thought the world champion should do.

Tradition – the outgoing champion wears the kit of his home country as this race decides the new champion. Technically at the moment, there is no World Champion.

mdb
    Free Member

Oh, and Cav isn’t wearing a Sky branded helmet

IIRC Cav has been wearing a non-branded plain black helmet most of the season. I don’t think there’s much to read into it.

crazy-legs

The Dutch have just woken everyone up!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Wig stops for a waz.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m enjoying Millar’s commentary.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think the BBC have found their new cycling correspondent when Windy finally retires! Very good.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Race beginning to get spicy now…!

stufive
    Free Member

Ive missed most of it (working) whats happend to cav?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

JTL climbing with Bertie! Same dancing style on the pedals.

Wiggo seems to have packed it in as well.

Stu, Cav did his pace work in the early stages, and then climbed off, as expected.

beej

He rode 50km on the front, got hit on the head by a sign, carried on for a bit, sat up then did a solo half lap of honour before stopping for photos with some girls from Venezuela. Probably eating more chips now.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Think this’ll be the decisive group. Lots of big names, so no reason for many of the others to chase.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Might be right, but Spain don’t seem to want it at the moment.

French tactics may be decisive now. Great to see two GB riders in the break, though.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

29 riders though, bound to thin out.

stufive
    Free Member

HA HA @ beej

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sagan looking good where is RM to get excited?

stufive
    Free Member

oops

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Millar says he’s really enjoying watching the race in such detail. Yes, I hope he is the future of road racing commentary.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Didn’t expect it all to come together again but delighted it has, this is going to be a bonkers last lap

CaptJon
    Free Member

Stannard’s a big fella.

Janesy
    Free Member

Ok when are the highlights? How and where can I watch it. Women’s road race is on bbc now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

after the womens as it has not finished yet

CaptJon
    Free Member

It’s live on the red button.

CaptJon
    Free Member

It’s great to see the ‘other’ British riders at the front.

Janesy
    Free Member

Thanks guys

crazy-legs

Millar is doing a fantastic job on the commentary – reading and describing the race perfectly, who’s working for who, what will happen.

Look at the speed!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘World Road Race coverage – SPOILERS’ is closed to new replies.