Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • World record attempt at the number of stem spacers
  • tuboflard

I didn’t think fork steerers were ever this long.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142235431891

Cougar

Grief.

“Jack rod stem extention because I like an upright position.”

Size XL too, the seller must be about 7′ tall.

Edukator
    Free Member

They aren’t it’s got a steerer extender on it.

wwaswas

Amateur.

globalti
    Free Member

Holy cow! Why doesn’t the seller remove the extension and return the bike to original spec? That’s like selling a house with every room painted purple or a car with ridiculous wheels on it.

onandon
    Free Member

Many extras included – that will be the spacers then

Toasty

The fact it’s XL is the very reason it’s got such a silly amount. Quite why all XL bikes always have miles of bar drop, while the smaller models have none is beyond me.

sharkattack

Wheely machine

unovolo
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it have been easier to put a set of Ape Hangers on it a bit like this…

chakaping
    Free Member

Artist’s impression of the owner…

stevied
    Free Member

£80 for an Alfine chainset? 😯

theotherjonv

£99.50 worth of spacers with a free bike thrown in.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Toasty – Member
    The fact it’s XL is the very reason it’s got such a silly amount. Quite why all XL bikes always have miles of bar drop, while the smaller models have none is beyond me.

I also never understood the six inch longer seat tube, six mm longer head tube and same fork length.

miketually
    Free Member

Quite why all XL bikes always have miles of bar drop, while the smaller models have none is beyond me.

Tall people have longer arms? For the same body position, tall people can reach lower.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Tall people have longer arms? For the same body position, tall people can reach lower

They’re attached further up though…

orangespyderman

They’re attached further up though…

To their necks? 😐

Toasty

Tall people have longer arms? For the same body position, tall people can reach lower.

Do we? You’d think it would all be in scale wouldn’t it? Longer arms, but a longer back? hehe.

Not sure, I know I’ve had years of bikes with ridiculous bar drops. I found I got on better with trail bikes with big forks, as it forced the bars up to a vaguely sensible height. Even then.. here’s my Meta for example, with 3 spacers and an upwards pointing stem:

My hardtails are all much sillier, my Scandal had a tiny headtube. It’s great if you want a low down XC racey position, you don’t generally want that on everything though.

birdage

wwaswas – Member

Amateur.[/quote]

Meeting Place, Hove! (Or is it Brighton?)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘World record attempt at the number of stem spacers’ is closed to new replies.