Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • World CX Championships – live now
  • crazy-legs

On the UCI Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEEP7EGFk_U

Brit rider Tom Pidcock got 5th in the Junior Men’s this morning, the U23 women’s race is about to start and the Elite Women about 2pm.
    Men’s races tomorrow.

More info on the Brit riders on the British Cycling site:
    https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/gbcyclingteam/article/20160122-gb-cyclingteam-news-Guide–Great-Britain-Cycling-Team-at-the-2016-UCI-Cyclo-cross-World-Championships-0

The weather looks atrocious – windy and pouring with rain!

pete68
    Free Member

Is this on any tv channel at all?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eurosport tonight…

irelanst
    Free Member

Brilliant ride by Pidcock, if only he was gridded. And then a superb performance in the U23s by Evie Richards.

Good luck Nikki Harris.

crazy-legs

Brilliant ride by Pidcock, if only he was gridded.

Another lap and he’d have won that, the speed he was going through the field.
    That U23 race was great, lets see how the Elite Women get on this afternoon. Course looks brutal, especially in that weather!

scaredypants

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

?? 🙁
    (or is it offline at the moment ?)

crazy-legs

Offline at the moment, back on live at 1.50 for the Elite Women.
    The highlights videos usually appear about 2 days afterwards.

And as mentioned above, Eurosport 2 about 8.30pm tonight.

aracer
    Free Member

A very subtle mention of a new WORLD CHAMPION

scaredypants

it was the highlights I was trying to watch – they’re on the UCI site but clicking on the link shows the unavailable in your country message

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Great results from GB so far, again top ride form Pidcock,

As for Evie, way to go, 1st cross race abroad, riding a old frame/bike from Katie Compton and getting on the top step, great riding,

Woman should be another good race for GB!

beej

Aracer – spoilers! I was just coming here to post the same.

Spoilers!

aracer
    Free Member

Ooh, sorry I didn’t think that – but then I doubt anybody is waiting to see the highlights of the U23 women’s race

scaredypants

does this work for other people in the UK ? :

crazy-legs

Nikki Harris going well in the early stages of this.
    Interesting to see the vast majority of the riders on disc brakes now.

crazy-legs

This is a brilliant race, really tense!

Klunk
    Free Member

who needs disc brakes 🙂

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Scaredypants,that link works for me no problem.

scaredypants

Scaredypants,that link works for me no problem.

🙁

funnily enough that same site let me watch the women’s race live just now but that link and all other non-live content is still off for me

durhambiker
    Free Member

Bit of a face on 3rd place. Needs to do some sportsmanship training I think

benji
    Free Member

If you looked how Sanne Cant walked off the podium she was in massive pain, in spring she was run over by a tractor causing hip damage and this season suffered with muscle damage to her rib area, so not poor sportsmanship, been riding all season, last big race of the season and to not go as well as she would have hoped is a massive mental blow for an athlete at that calibre.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Wasn’t aware of that, so fair enough. Though having read up on last year, she seemed to have a moan about being beaten by part time CXers, so there is some form there.

Also if I’d been run over by a tractor and then got 3rd in a Worlds, I reckon I’d be quite chuffed. Or at least hope I’d put my toys back in my pram and force a smile for the podium

benji
    Free Member

Evan when she does win she won’t get a modeling contract for her smile it’s a rare sight.

To think some of us are happy racing in local little races and finishing in the to half is a good day out.

maxlite
    Free Member

Brilliant racing today, amazing result for Evie….

Sanne Cant often looks very miserable when things don’t go her way!

white101

remind yourself how happy Cav looks when hes just been beaten in the sprint at the finish of a race.

Given that they were on the podium 5 mins after race end, its no surprise that she looked a bit sick having just missed the chance to win the championship.
    She finished 2nd last year.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Brilliant race. Mani is like a female Voeckler and hard to dislike, the patriot in me wanted Harris to win, and the romantic in me wanted Cant or Compton (who wasn’t in the running).

Wasn’t aware of that, so fair enough. Though having read up on last year, she seemed to have a moan about being beaten by part time CXers, so there is some form there

she’d just been beaten in a down-to-the-wire sprint on that occasion, and for years she’s carried the pressure of the CX-mad Belgian public and press. They were criticising her earlier in this season for being a full-time pro and getting beaten by a part-time school teacher (Jolien Verschuren), which prompted Wyman to speak up in a post-race interview (in stilted Dutch) in Cant’s defence, and also blog about it

http://www.helenwyman.com/2015/12/life-is-about-choices/

As white101 says, think back to Cav interviews and quotes when he’s been beaten (like Griepel only wins “shit small races”).

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/01/news/cant-seeks-elusive-victory-at-cyclocross-worlds_394174

Pidcock commented that with a better grid and a bit of luck he should have won. Commanding ride from Richards and an endearing interview.

Just hope the mens race can live up to it tomorrow!

benji
    Free Member

Mani was full of fight today, very plucky ride which ended with a deserved podium, i was shouting her on, due to the sad fact we both use Clement tubulars.

The u23 and elite mens races tomorrow have got a lot to live up to after today’s excellent racing.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Great racing, shame about the weather! I may dry out at some point…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

was shouting her on, due to the sad fact we both use Clement tubulars.

😀 I recently bought some Clement PDX clinchers, though they have found there way on to Munqe Chick’s race bike, so I have repeatedly pointed out that she is riding the same tyres as Mani and has no excuses! I’m also thinking of rocking pink bar tape on my blue bike next year.

Great racing, shame about the weather! I may dry out at some point…

It’s cross, it’s supposed to be grim! When it was properly raining it looked like it was riding better, it was wet splashy mud that ran off rather than thicker stuff that clogged (didn’t see any bike changes) and the U23 lap times were quicker than most of the Elites who had a (relatively) drying course.

irelanst
    Free Member

A very subtle mention of a new WORLD CHAMPION

Was trying to avoid any spoilers 😉 , it was a commanding performance, and would have given her 5th place in the elite race (maybe better considering she backed off on the last lap) which is an outstanding result!

Elite men; I’m going for, van der Poel, van Aert, (heart says Sven) head says Meeusen or Pauwels.

benji
    Free Member

Pleased I’m not the only one thinking about next seasons bike setup. I went a bit mad when I bought my Clements, pair of pdx and mxp tubs and a pair of pdx, mxp and las tyres for spare wheels so the tyres can be changed to match what I’m racing on tub wise with the las’s just in case we have a super summer. Only trouble is having spare wheels has started the thought of spare bike!

Back on topic, bet the Belgium press wrong be glowing reading about today’s activity, they will be desperate for either a Sven or Van Aeart win tomorrow. I just hope we don’t get the booing that Stybar received the other year, because M. Van deer Poel looks in good form.

simondbarnes

Just watched full replay of the Women’s Elite race (using Chrome Proxy plugin to get around the geographical restrictions on the UCI channel). Cracking race, really enjoyed it.

wwaswas

Electric motor found in one of the Belgian women’s bike 🙁

benji
    Free Member

I thought you was joking, but it’s on several news feeds on Facebook, bit of a shocker if that’s true.

wwaswas

Confirmed by UCI.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/uci-detains-bike-suspected-of-technological-fraud-at-cyclo-cross-world-championships-209465

confirmed they’ve kept hold of the bike, not that theyve found anything?

Elite men; I’m going for, van der Poel, van Aert, (heart says Sven) head says Meeusen or Pauwels

similar top 3 pick – VDP, VA, Meeusen.

ferrals
    Free Member

Great results for all of gb so far. Sadly I can’t get any of the vids to work, f-ing Eurosport.

benji – Member
    Pleased I’m not the only one thinking about next seasons bike setup. I went a bit mad when I bought my Clements, pair of pdx and mxp tubs and a pair of pdx, mxp and las tyres for spare wheels so the tyres can be changed to match what I’m racing on tub wise with the las’s just in case we have a super summer. Only trouble is having spare wheels has started the thought of spare bike!

Love my clement pdx clinchers, soon as the officially tubeless versions come out I’m buying the full sweep for next season – plus a spare set of wheels 😀

Can’t believe the motor story, hope it’s not true.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mechanical Doping.

What a joke.

It’s probably something like the seat is too far forward or something 🙄

simondbarnes

Great results for all of gb so far. Sadly I can’t get any of the vids to work, f-ing Eurosport.

Install https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/proxy-for-chrome then set to russian or dutch and all of the full race replays and highlights on the UCI youtube channel work fine.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Looks like more than just an out-of-spec set up: used google translate on the Sporza.be article and it seems pretty clear it’s a positive “mechanical doping” finding with quotes from the likes of Vos and the Belgian Federation and coach

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/veldrijden/1.2559655&prev=search

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/veldrijden/1.2559655&prev=search

crazy-legs

Yep, Nikki Harris tweeted that she ‘would definitely place a bet’ that the rider was using mechanical doping at Koppenberg earlier in the year…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘World CX Championships – live now’ is closed to new replies.