Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • World cup Sweepstake
  • organic355
    Free Member

Trying to set one up in the office and there are arguments that having some of the lesser ranked teams is a waste of time. So as such we have split the 32 teams into 2 groups, the 1st 16 based on the latest FIFA world rankings. We will pick one team from each of the 2 groups of 16.

So the pot will be split 2/3 to the winning team and 1/3 a a wooden spoon, but what is the best suggestion for the wooden spoon?

Most number of goals conceded?, and if so, just the 1st round, or the whole competition?

Any other suggestions, needs to be something that most world cup websites will be keeping a track of, so nothing like most number of girly rolling on the floor antics when tackled.

Also, shall we do a sweepy here for a laugh, Prize could be free premier User subscription, STW?, or has one already been set up?

theotherjonv

having one of the lower ranked teams is a w-o-t

:rollseyes:

It's a sweepstake FFS. That's the point. But when i organise sweepstakes I do always include a booby prize; eg: first faller at the National, last finisher at the Gold Cup or in this case, most goals conceded in the group stage.

organic355
    Free Member

having one of the lower ranked teams is a w-o-t

:rollseyes:

It's a sweepstake FFS

Their words not mine, and they are all academic overthinkers!!!

enduro-aid
    Free Member

This is a bike related webpage "world cup" means somthing else!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Least goals scored.

With most conceded as a back up measure.

uplink
    Free Member

Fastest goal scored?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The usual etiquette for a sweepstake is everyone pays the money and only when everyone has paid up do the teams get drawn. That way you don't get the office cock saying 'has Brasil/Spain/Germany/France gone yet?'

'Yes'.

'Well I won't bother then'.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘World cup Sweepstake’ is closed to new replies.