• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hels.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • World Cup excitement
  • NZCol

Right well Scotland couldn't qualify so I'll be cheering hard for my adopted country against the mighty Bahrain tonight. Hopefully the Bahrainians have recovered from their nice 777 landing at Welly on thursday – large plane, high winds, not much runway 🙂
    Bring it on – 37,000 people to a footie match in NZ – did not think I would see the day 😀

pomona
    Free Member

Did you get a ticket Colin? I managed to pick one up this morning for not too much money after I forgot to get one before they sold out.
    Leuven for pre-match beers if you're going, text me oh two one, oh two one, oh two one, one seven (yes it is a real number)

[plane spotter mode]It's a Airbus A340 300 series. The one with hairdryers for engines so it has bugger all climb performance. If it's a northerly tomorrow the place to watch it depart will be Mt Kaukau as it scrapes the masts struglling to gain height [\plane spotter mode]

Royston
    Free Member

Just about to start! listening on the Radio in Auckland after getting the kids off too bed. Although I'm a British ex-pat here I'd love to see New Zealand get to South Africa. I was 12 in 1982 and remember running home from school to watch England play France (Bryan Robsons quickest WC goal) and the last really decent Scotland team Narey, Strachan, Dalglish, Hansen etc (of course we didn't know it then) win 5-2 against NZ.

billybob
    Free Member

Brilliant – Hope the irish get one foot there later today aswell!

langy
    Free Member

So, the Kiwi's made it!!

What price that somehow FIFA get them into the same pool as Australia for a bit of spice?

My voice is hoarse from the screaming!

vinnyeh

Just another world cup for us to choke at. 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Yeah the Kiwis! I look forward to the Socceroos vs All Whites grudge match 8)

Hang about… the All Whites… that's going to go down a treat in South Africa isn't it? 😯

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Hope France beat Ireland later today

Get fed up with all the commentators going on about Eire as though they were a British team
    Just another foreign side same as all the rest to me and the French play much more attractive footie

Well done NZ, we had a Kiwi international (Chris Zorovich) play for us a few years ago and he was a great bloke

NZCol

pomona – sorry only just logged back in – lost my cable for a day forsome reason. I thought it was an A340 but someone said it was a 777. Anyway it was a fookin big plane for weeny runway. I heard it leave yesterday AM and it was using all the mustard to get going thats for sure 🙂

Great night in Welly on Sat – quite incredible support. Bahrain were pretty good on the ball, Killens shot off the bar was a peach and Pastys penalty save for me was a great moment. It was then we thought we coudl do it. The last few years have been cool with the Wellington Phoenix starting to come good and the All Whites going SA, although they may have to be renamed 'The Team of Mixed Race'or something in this PC age. Just fantastic.

pomona
    Free Member

No worries Colin.

It was an awesome night for sure. Great game of football followed up by watching my ex have a fight with a transexual on Cuba St!

NZCol

Great game of football followed up by watching my ex have a fight with a transexual on Cuba St!

Just a normal Sat night then ? We have a new office on Marion St, makes for fun evenings with the local Samoan, erm ladyboys.

hels
    Free Member

Good thread and takes me back to Wellington nightlife – so little to do people watch planes take off and trannie fights ! Make your own fun etc.

Have often wondered if PC ness will make them rename the All Blacks. (it refers to the jerseys, for the soccer fans) They are more rightly the All Browns anyway, with a few token pink lads from the farms to keep the South Islanders happy, so they don't cut off our electricity at the source.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘World Cup excitement’ is closed to new replies.