Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • World Cup Descent in extended Climach-X loop? and other Dyfi routes.
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

So second Dyfi this year, Wanted to get up there before May and ride the area,
    Is it possible to include the World Cup Descent in an extended Climach-x loop?

I’ve read before that parts of the Dyfi Enduro are off limits during the rest of the year?

Does anyone have any maps/GPX/Strava links they could share that might be of any use to me?

volatilemike
    Free Member

I did hear somewhere that the climach-x final descent is closed due to forest operations just fyi.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The Atherton road gap will be an interesting feature for this years Dyfi..

dazh

To my knowledge the only bit of the Dyfi Enduro route that’s off limits is the bit across the field after the first big climb. Trouble is this links the Climach-x side of the forest with the side where the world cup is. There’s a bridleway which takes you down to the road which you could use as an alternative but if you want to ride the World cup you might be better off staying on that side of the forest and riding from the road between Aberangell and Corris. I’m sure a local will correct me though.

finephilly
    Free Member

I went up last summer. The last descent on the climax had felling and the trail was wrecked but the rest was OK. Don’t know the current situation. The mach 3 loop is good but heads in the opposite direction. I think there’s some more trails to the north of dyfi forest but check with summit cycles in aberystwyth or dyfi trail riders.mm

dreednya

Luke, apparently there is quite a big hole on World Cup, which is being sorted soon. Big hole caused by water damage apparently, dunno if its sorted yet, but wasn’t last weekend as the guys I was showing round Myherin mentioned it

dreednya

There is another fire road link to the feed station area, and then a loop back to top of Bailey Bridge, but not the easiest to find or remember, takes you on the fire road above Goshawks and that whoop-dewhoop section. I’ll have a look and send you something on FB

dreednya

If there is only one or two of you I wouldn’t worry too much about going across the field section. We do on the YstwythMTB Dyfi pre-ride the week end before, and there are always other groups out there riding it as well as MXers

tacopowell
    Free Member

No doubt it’ll be fixed before I can get back over around Easter, I’d love to get over before then but I rarely have two days off together, so anywhere more then a 4 hour round trip is off the cards!

That said, when I do finally get back, I feel it’s only right you show me, it was you that got me in this mess! 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘World Cup Descent in extended Climach-X loop? and other Dyfi routes.’ is closed to new replies.