Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • World Cup bidding process and FIFAs report
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Oh dear..

Not only clearing Qatar of all wrong doing but then having a go at the FA for improper conduct. Is there no level this organisation won’t stoop to?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As was once said about Sepp Baltter he is a man that has 99 ideas a day and 100 of them are bad.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah we’re corrupt but Russia and Qatar definitely aren’t. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 😐

martinhutch

Unbelievable behaviour.

Actually, no, pretty believable from Fifa. The gravy train steams onwards.

johndoh
    Free Member

It could only ever get worse if you put them and FIA in joint charge of something important.

Jamie
    Free Member

They are a despicable organisation. UEFA should just piss off and do their own thing.

MoreCashThanDash

If I was UEFA I’d be so tempted to just split and tell FIFA to piss off.

binners

Is there no level this organisation won’t stoop to?

You need to ask? Its run by Sepp Blatter. They make the olympic committee look like models of transparency and probity. They’ve all been so utterly corrupt for so long, they don’t even see it as corruption any more

We should just pull out of the whole ridiculous charade. The FA should just turn around and say ‘you can stick your ****ing Qatar World Cup up your jacksy!’ and walk away. I reckon if somebody serious (i.e.: not us, maybe Germany? Spain? A few European major footballing nations?) had the balls to break ranks, the whole house of cards would fall in

gobuchul
    Free Member

It’s a complete joke.

FIFA hate the UK.

Remember the speech when Baltter said that China invented football?

If I had anything to do with, I would get the English FA and some of the other sensible countries to leave FIFA and start another organisation.

MSP

I think it is a mistake to any way believe that the FA is an honest uncorrupted organisation. FIFA may be more corrupt, but the FA started throwing stones in glass houses.

Sporting organisations seem so arrogant and blind to their own corruption, or so desperate to cover it up, they are just gaining momentum towards an ever bigger crash.

If I was UEFA I’d be so tempted to just split and tell FIFA to piss off.

I so just wish they would, Blatter’s masterstroke has been in turning the rest of the football world against Europe, this report just seems to be another page from that book.

johndoh
    Free Member

I bet there are a few very important people at the FA now thinking about walking away from the whole charade. I for one would be quite happy (in fact pretty proud) if we had the balls to tell them to stuff it where the sun shines brightly at about 55 degrees in the heat of the midday sun…

MSP

Getting juicier now.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30037729

I was reading this earlier, seems quite relevant to FIFA at the moment.

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20141112-failure-guaranteed

Freester

When I saw the original report I was astounded but not suprised in equal measure.

Having read the latest story from the main investigator FIFA own goal by the looks.

timc
    Free Member

They are all bent, including the FA.

When we didnt get our bent way, toys go out the pram.

FIFA thinks F them, lets hang them out 😉

tpbiker
    Free Member

so they spend 2 years investigating then ignore the findings

you couldn’t make it up…

jambalaya
    Free Member

What a quite incredible morning. First the report’s conclusions are announced and then the investigator who did the work says the report misrepresents his findings.

Quite simply there is not a more corrupt organisation in the world than FIFA

uwe-r
    Free Member

My first thought when the story broke was ‘another classic fifa white wash’

The fact it is unravelling slightly so soon is no surprise however this will play out as every other scandal does: the credibility of fifa will be slowly dragged through the mud yet they will carry on completely regardless.

You can guarantee the terms of reference for the independent work would have been very selectively put together and the level to which those involved disclosed information and / or blatantly lied will be open to debate for years. Fifa don’t care – as long as the train keeps chugging the cartel of minor & corrupt football nations will keep on exploiting the game for their own ends.

As said UEFA and the USA should walk taking 90% of the commercial income with them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@uwe-r totally agree on the terms of reference. Re UEFA I don’t think it’s so simple, as a minimum FIFA control the world cup and that’s very powerful position. I suspect there are other controls FIFA has over UEFA.

number18
    Free Member

A few people on here saying UEFA should split from FIFA. What makes you think UEFA aren’t just as corrupt? Look at the detail regarding Financial Fair Play. The goal posts have been moved so many times under pressure from the established clubs who are using it remove the threat they see from clubs such as Man City and PSG. The initial purpose of FFP was to stop clubs getting too much debt!

I support a boring mid-table Championship club, before anyone accuses me of bias!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@number18 – I think UEFA are in the Vauxhaul Conference or dodgy dealing versus FIFA being run away winners of the Premier League.

uwe-r
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

@number18
    – I think UEFA are in the Vauxhaul Conference or dodgy dealing versus FIFA being run away winners of the Premier League.

This.

UEFA – are a body formed of top European football brass, our FA are bad enough let alone eastern Europe. However UEFA is the better end of what makes up the FIFA family. It no wonder it is what it is.

FIFA has the world cup but if you take the big European countries out it would lose all its credibility in an instant. It won’t happen though Football is very ineffective at running itself…

Jamie
    Free Member

Seems a good time to repost this from earlier on in the year:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think UEFA are in the Vauxhaul Conference or dodgy dealing versus FIFA being run away winners of the Premier League.

He shoots he scores

They are not great but FIFA are peerless in corruption, coverups and whitewashing

A breakaway si unlikley but it owuld be good.

Problem is the tiny footballing nations [ or the managers at least]do very well out of sepp and get an equal say in the running

QATAR and a non summer WC is a **** joke . It not only ruins the WC it ruins the leagues as well…[hansen voice] Diabolical[/hansen voice]

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘World Cup bidding process and FIFAs report’ is closed to new replies.