Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • World Cup, anyone really care who wins.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Nothing bent about that then eh?

deepreddave
    Free Member

The winner is the recently alleged Mafia State… voted for by a panel of people tainted with accusations of bribe taking. I’d rather have had this than the Olympics mind, at least people North of Watford might have benefitted/seen it….

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is there any other world organisation run by a bigger baffoon?

What about Bernie Ecclestone and that mosley fella in F1

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carbon337
    Free Member

I wonder if we will get another panorama this time with new accusations rather than the old ones from 10 years ago. Obviously corrupt

Racism doesnt matter, nor does infrastructure, cost.etc etc. The fifa cronies will get their backhanders – so all is good

tails
    Free Member

oh dear i’m sure russia is lovely and all, but the average footy fan is not going to go to Russia. oh well. Might see if i can get tickets to brazil, as friends who have been to world cups say they are really good fun!

We got the Olympics!

Pieface

Surely USA can’t have 2022, they only hosted it a few years ago didn’t they?

Spud

Another huge surprise!! Money talks……

deepreddave
    Free Member

Amateurs compared to Blatter. One man standing in the way of technology for a world wide sport spouting drivel on regular occasions. And Qatar for 2022, come on Ryanair lol

psychle
    Free Member

and Qatar gets the 2022… wonder just how much money they threw around eh? cynical, me? 🙄

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thing is, quatar had a really good bid… i think they deserved it.

billybob
    Free Member

Some of what Qatar are promising & what they are planning to do with stadiums sounds incredible – mildly scary I’ll be 45 then….

Ok then lets all get behind the England 2026 bid…

Junkyard
    Free Member

gets out map find Qatar
    Excellent an a bsolute monarchy so another good call there morally

My money is on Mymar/Burma for the next one at this rate

deepreddave
    Free Member

I’m not sure Qatar’s bid is entirely environmental given what they propose to do with the stadiums and the population’s only 600,000. That’s like a small city but with a shedload of cash! I’m not saying we should have had it but it’ll be over 50yrs since we did and given our crowds etc I kind of think that seems a little odd.

druidh
    Free Member

billybob – Member
    Some of what Qatar are promising & what they are planning to do with stadiums sounds incredible – mildly scary I’ll be 45 then….

Ok then lets all get behind the England 2026 bid…

The earliest England can get it is 2030 IIRC.

trailmonkey

at least people North of Watford might have benefitted/seen it….

unless you wanted to watch england. peoples heads will fall off if they don’t play every game at wembley.

Junkyard
    Free Member

with a temp range of 29-46 degree c there wont be much football seen there – perhaps they are building air con stadia?
    Hard to see why a place so small gets it – oh yes thery are rich and fully aware of backsheesh

billybob
    Free Member

with a temp range of 29-46 degree c there wont be much football seen there – perhaps they are building air con stadia?

Apparently Qatar have plans to build outdoor stadia with cool air from to pitch to either 6′ or 6m into the air (I can’t remember what measurement was quoted!), using solar panels to supply the energy to run the air conditioning fans. They have to do this as fifa rules don’t allow world cups to be played indoors.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Will the final match be in a volcano with a secret roof?

billybob
    Free Member

Yes. I’m pretty sure for their legacy bit of it they said all the stadiums would be dismantled after the tournament & given to the starving people in Africa.

kimbers

yep qatars bid was to build zero emission? solar powered enclosed? stadia then dismantled and sent to the 3rd world

Blackhound

Kimbers – its the developing world;-)

project
    Free Member

project – Member
    After the Panorama programe, about corruption, does anyone relaly care a few gangs of lads are going to be playing with a damm football somewhere on this earth,and does it really matter that Russia have probably won it.

Awaits being proved right later this week.

Posted 1 day ago #

I was right for once, at least it will cost us nothing more, we could spend the cash on gritting the cycle tracks now.

duckman

Damn! Does this mean we can’t look forward to a re-re-release of that timeless Baddiel and Skinner classic?

billybob
    Free Member

Damn! Does this mean we can’t look forward to a re-re-release of that timeless Baddiel and Skinner classic?

I’m sure we can add to their retirement fund – provided we manage to qualify…

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I reckon we would have stood a better chance of winning if that **** Beckham had bothered to get a haircut and have a shave:

Scruffy ****!

chewkw
    Free Member

Football is just useless apart from being parasitic.

duckman

billybob – Member

I’m sure we can add to their retirement fund – provided we manage to qualify…

Not me! I’m Scottish 😀

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘World Cup, anyone really care who wins.’ is closed to new replies.